Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Max fan settings in the future available the 2018 omen laptops?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Adra6399 So far, we haven't received any updates on whether or not older models will get this as an option,

I'm afraid, we'll just have to wait for more information on the same.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Adra6399 Greetings from the HP Community!

Performance mode optimizes gaming performance by dynamically allocating power between the CPU and GPU.
Fan speed change also known as Performance mode is available on certain configurations only.

NOTE: 

Performance mode might increase heat and noise levels.

Performance Control screen set on Performance

Click here for more details.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Then will this setting be available in the future for older models , where you can set the performance mode , or HP doesn't have such plan?

HP Recommended

@Adra6399 So far, we haven't received any updates on whether or not older models will get this as an option,

I'm afraid, we'll just have to wait for more information on the same.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.