Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC - model numbers 15-ce019dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Mr.

I have a: OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC - model numbers 15-ce019dx - 7th Gen i7

I was searching other questions similars and you guys send to the person the manual below:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077

I am not sure if it is the same manual, but I could not find other one, because my model is less than ce100 and there is:

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC (model numbers 15-ce100 through 15-ce199, 15-ce600 through 15-ce699, and
15t-ce100)

There, is showing for Memory Ram & SSD:

Memory Support for 16384 MB of DDR4 2666 MHz system memory in the following conƭigurations
16384 MB (8192 MB × 2)
12288 MB (8192 MB × 1 + 4096 MB × 1)
8192 MB (8192 MB × 1)
Hard drive Support for the following single hard drive and solid state drive conƭigurations
1 TB 7200 rpm, 9.5 mm hard drive
Support for the following dual-storage conƭigurations
1 TB 7200 rpm, 9.5 mm hard drive with 256 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 solid state drive
1 TB 7200 rpm, 9.5 mm hard drive with 128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 solid state drive

Question - Memory Ram:

So, if I put a 32gb ram, do not will work properly? And Is the limit only 2666hz? Because when I use the CPU-Z to check the frequency, sometimes it shows more than 3200hz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @lele_ES 

Notebooks with the Intel i7-7700HQ processors should support 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-2400 memory.

If you look at the Intel specs for the Kaby Lake notebook processors, the HQ's support double the memory of the others.

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

Here's the i7-7500U processor for example...supports 1/2 the memory that the HQ does.

Intel Core i77500U Processor 4M Cache up to 3.50 GHz Product Specifications

The max memory would be based on 4 memory slots which to the best of my knowledge, only mobile workstations have.

DDR4-2666 memory will work fine but only at the 2400 speed because that is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

You can confirm how much memory your notebook can support by:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and hit enter. There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

If you would like to install 32 GB of memory in your notebook, these would be the compatible memory chips...

You can get them on Amazon, UK.  Search by the part number.

DDR4-2400

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD824A | Crucial.com

DDR4-2666 (may be less expensive).

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD8266 | Crucial.com

I don't know why HP doesn't have the right service manual linked to the support page, but you can get it from this link...

NB_MSG_Pirates_1_0_931980-001 (manualslib.com)

Here is a discussion where someone that has a notebook in your notebook's model series with the same processor as yours upgraded to 32 GB of memory...

Upgrading HP Omen 15 to 32GB RAM?? - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips

Q & A's from the Best Buy site on your notebook's model series...see the 3rd question and answer.

Questions and Answers: HP OMEN 15.6" Laptop Intel Core i7 8GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 1TB ...

Q: Question What is the maximum memory this laptop can be upgraded to?

Asked 4 years ago by Dale.

• A:Answer I managed to install 32GB ram DDR4 from Crucial in 5 minutes. I believe that is the max DDR 4 module that exist.

Answered 4 years ago by danrdz77

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @lele_ES .
Your computer is shipped with the following ram memory.
862398-850 8GB, 2400MHz, PC4-17000, 1.2v DDR4 SODIMM

The ram memory indicated in the manual are as follows:
8 GB 937236-850
4 GB L10598-850
These ram memories are 2666MHz 1.2v DDR4, however, you can place them, but they will work at the speed of the BUS of your computer, so that is the limiting factor.

Both Hp and crucial inform that it supports at most 16 gb of ram so this can be a fact since the manufacturer can add limitations for the correct operation of the equipment.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Goldmaster,

It is showing on the manual 8gb+8gb as well, not only 8gb+4gb. I posted here in the first question. If that manual is correct.

Can I use one ram memory 8GB 2400mhz and other 8gb 2666mhz? Or should be both 2400?

HP Recommended

@lele_ES .

The manual should be corrected and updated.
Please use ram memory preferably 2400 mhz.

If the information has helped you, please mark the thread as solved.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Hi, @lele_ES 

Notebooks with the Intel i7-7700HQ processors should support 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-2400 memory.

If you look at the Intel specs for the Kaby Lake notebook processors, the HQ's support double the memory of the others.

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

Here's the i7-7500U processor for example...supports 1/2 the memory that the HQ does.

Intel Core i77500U Processor 4M Cache up to 3.50 GHz Product Specifications

The max memory would be based on 4 memory slots which to the best of my knowledge, only mobile workstations have.

DDR4-2666 memory will work fine but only at the 2400 speed because that is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

You can confirm how much memory your notebook can support by:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and hit enter. There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

If you would like to install 32 GB of memory in your notebook, these would be the compatible memory chips...

You can get them on Amazon, UK.  Search by the part number.

DDR4-2400

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD824A | Crucial.com

DDR4-2666 (may be less expensive).

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD8266 | Crucial.com

I don't know why HP doesn't have the right service manual linked to the support page, but you can get it from this link...

NB_MSG_Pirates_1_0_931980-001 (manualslib.com)

Here is a discussion where someone that has a notebook in your notebook's model series with the same processor as yours upgraded to 32 GB of memory...

Upgrading HP Omen 15 to 32GB RAM?? - CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory - Linus Tech Tips

Q & A's from the Best Buy site on your notebook's model series...see the 3rd question and answer.

Questions and Answers: HP OMEN 15.6" Laptop Intel Core i7 8GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 1TB ...

Q: Question What is the maximum memory this laptop can be upgraded to?

Asked 4 years ago by Dale.

• A:Answer I managed to install 32GB ram DDR4 from Crucial in 5 minutes. I believe that is the max DDR 4 module that exist.

Answered 4 years ago by danrdz77

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late answer, I worked all day.

But Thank you Paul! You were so helpful. I really appreciate all details, exemples, manuals, etc.

I bought the 32gb memory ram 32000Mhz, even the limit is only 2666mHZ, as I saw in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.