Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I keep on getting the blue screen of death, did a memory test which failed:

FAILURE ID: QC76JF-531AHK-XD0021

PRODUCT ID: VY33EA#ABU

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The failure ID codes are 4 groups of 6 characters.

You only posted 3 of the 4 groups, so I cannot generate the failure report.

HP Recommended

Sorry I missed one of the group. See below 

Thank you 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
QC76JF-531AHK-XD0021-401703OKXXXXXXXXXX2/20/21200MemoryCache Module, Memory, Memory BoardMemory Module Failure (no DIMM id)

You will need to replace the failed memory module in order to fix the problem.

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it came with 2 x 2 GB of memory.

HP Pavilion dv6-2114sa Entertainment Notebook PC - Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Since the report doesn't tell us which of the two memory chips is bad, what you can do is to remove one of them, run the notebook and see if the code is gone and the notebook works.

If it is you won on the first try and you can replace the defective memory module.

If you still get the failure code, remove the memory chip in there and replace it with the first one you removed.

Then the code should have gone away and the PC should work.

You can continue to run the PC without the bad chip until you can get it replaced.

It will just run a bit slower.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

ManualsLib - Makes it easy to find manuals online!

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thank you so much for this information it was really helpful. I will try and do this myself which I assume should be straightforward. 

Thanks again 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.