Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen cb-0011nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My model is  HP Omen 17-cb0011nv. I installed all Windows 10  updates and i decided to update the bios. Immediately after the update my screen dimmed. The brighness is set very low even to the bios setup screen and windows start at the lowest brighness settings. i cant control the brighness with the Fn keys at that moment. After i close the lid for a few seconds and reopen it, the brighness goes to the right level and the FN keys for brightness are working again. I tried to restore the old Bios but the brighness bug remain the same. The bios update was the last one the F.16 rev A. My model after i checked the bios is the 08603. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I madeIT.

I made some changes to UEFI. 

Go Esc key at the beggining. F10 to enter the HP security Utility. Go boot options. Disable Secure boot.

Enable Legacy support (some warning that youll need to install again your os, i didnt need to do nothing).

AND taddaaa the brighness at your windows startup goes to normal. 

It worked to me. It ll work for you too. 

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
HP Recommended

@Cyberkos

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.\

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

Next step, BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Next step: 

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
  2. Look for OMEN Command Center. 
  3. Right-click to uninstall. 
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Install the OMEN Command Center from this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have to confess that I have tried all of those steps before write this post and beg for help. I bought this laptop before 1 week (no more)  and  I have this issue immediately after I updated the bios (F16 rev A) from your site and without any suspicious  interruption. My screen firstly in bios became barely visible and the start of the windows 10 64bit is the same barely visible.

There are more people with the same issue after the same bios update. I did a bios restore to previous version (I think f11) successfully but the brightness issue remains. I did the bios update successfully every time with your windows application and with the usb key in order to avoid any antivirus program interference. No change.

When I close the lid of my laptop in windows mode for more than 3 seconds and reopen it the brightness become normal and the function keys work again F1 and F2. I m sure there is no software to change the brightness of my laptop monitor in bios mode. It has to be a bios issue. My monitor is the 60Hz model. Thanks in advance..

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have to confess that I have tried all of those steps before write this post and beg for help. I bought this laptop before 1 week (no more)  and  I have this issue immediately after I updated the bios (F16 rev A) from your site and without any suspicious  interruption. My screen firstly in bios became barely visible and the start of the windows 10 64bit is the same barely visible.

There are more people with the same issue after the same bios update. I did a bios restore to previous version (I think f11) successfully but the brightness issue remains. I did the bios update successfully every time with your windows application and with the usb key in order to avoid any antivirus program interference. No change.

When I close the lid of my laptop in windows mode for more than 3 seconds and reopen it the brightness become normal and the function keys work again F1 and F2. I m sure there is no software to change the brightness of my laptop monitor in bios mode. It has to be a bios issue. My monitor is the 60Hz model. Thanks in advance..

HP Recommended

@Cyberkos

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for support. I hope we ll find the solution..

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing that information. Can you please provide your email and mailing address?

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

ok

HP Recommended

any updates on @Cyberkos' issue? I have the exact same problem. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too. I've just updated the bios to F.16 REV A. My model is HP Omen 17-cb0011nv. Is there an official anouncement from HP for the Issue? Is it going to be solved?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.