Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Laptop - 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got an Omen Laptop around late August in 2018, but haven't used it at all since getting it due to having a Macbook I was comfortable with already. After getting the login set up I pretty much never used it until today when I wanted to switch from my Macbook to my Omen finally. It should still be as good as new considering I left it on a shelf where it couldn't have gotten damaged. When I booted it up I automatically got the latest update to Windows 10 started since I haven't used it in a while. It was running fine, albeit rather slow but I simply brushed it off as just not being updated recently. All of a sudden though the update download page just goes away, possibly because of a miss click from me on accident, and the update becomes stuck at 58% for about 20 minutes with me not knowing how to fix it. I figured I would just click the "Update and Shut Down" button considering my battery had depleted to 15% quite quickly and needed time to charge.

I left it to shut down on the carpet for only a minute to clear off my desk and came back to it to put on the desk. I plugged it in, but I don't see any light or anything telling me that it's charging. The biggest thing is now that no matter how long I hold the power button, it will not come on. No fan, no noises, no lights, I've tried holding the power button for over 30 seconds and nothing. This is my first HP computer and I could not be any more confused on how to fix this... Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @SP63 

It might be the battery is causing the issue since it hasn't been used in over 9 (?) months.

They do need to be recycled once in a while and much sooner that 9 months.

Contact HP Support since you are still in warranty. They will have to have it for repairs.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @SP63 

It might be the battery is causing the issue since it hasn't been used in over 9 (?) months.

They do need to be recycled once in a while and much sooner that 9 months.

Contact HP Support since you are still in warranty. They will have to have it for repairs.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.