Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (3S9N7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi Guys !

I'm posting here today because I have a problem with my recently new bought pc. So my computer is an Hp Victus 16 with a i5-11400h and a 80-95W RTX 3060 and 200W AC adapter. So the problem that I have here is that while I'm playing games specially Assassin's creed origins, my computer battery is being drained while it's plugged in. I've never had this issue with my Hp omen 15.  So I assume that this is not normal. I still have my waranty and wanted to ask if anyone had the same issue or is it normal for this laptop ? should I return it ?

Thanks for your help !

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BDTheKing 

Please use the following old solution

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-discharges-when-plugge...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It didn’t work, my problem is not quite the same. My battery drains only when I play heavy video games but when I use it normally the computer charges and there’s no problem. I tried everything in the post that you sent me but nothing worked. Perhaps it’s not software but hardware ? AC adapter not powerful enough ? I don’t know every test I did (in the f2 menu when I start the computer) was green so I’m completely lost 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.