Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X 17 AP010NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone 

Two days ago i was gaming on my omen x 17 laptop and suddenly my "d" key stopped working  

i removed the key and cleaned under it and still there is no input from it  but when i tried putting some alchol on it and for some reason it started working  but it prints "d" on loop then stops working again 

any help please !

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

HEllo @Silvians

Did something get spilled on the keyboard? Its definately a physical issue if you can wipe it with alchohol and it works temporarily.

I assume you are under warranty so I would encourage you to contact HP Support for a claim.

The computer should be registered if you have not done so yet, to make the process easier.

Use this link... Contact HP Worldwide

Choose the country you purchased in, then choose Support.

Sign in and choose the product that you registered.

Follow the prompts.

HP Recommended

Nope nothing got spilled on it , and i  made sure to clean it once in a while from dust  and yes i have a warranty but sadly i purchased it in the UAE when i was on a trip and when i got back to my home in Syria there is no HP customer support here , and i can't trust giving it to any local shop here to fix it for me.

HP Recommended

I assume UAE is the United Arab Emerits? When I tried to look up parts for that area, it only shows a USA keyboard that's not available there from the HP Store.

If it is in fact a US keyboard, you might be able to have one sent to you from another country.

Here is the part number... 940605-001

Here is the link to the HP store that offers it in the USA. You might also try Ebay or such.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=940605-001

Here is the manual for your model...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05808729

HP Recommended

correct its from the united arab emerits and it is a US keyboard , but i can't order anything since of the trade ban with my country and i only got to purchase this since i was on a trip there and got it myself.

and buying a whole keyboard for $259 just for a single key is overkill , is there a manual fix for this i can try i'm decent a bit in opening laptops and fixing parts .

HP Recommended

You would have to keep trying to clean it I suppose. I only gave you the link to shop around other sources if you end up needing to get the keyboard replaced.

:Wink:

HP Recommended

I appreciate the help thank you !

HP Recommended

We are having the same exact problem with this.
After 4 days of trying to get this issue fixed, HP is sending us a box to send the computer back to get repaired. What is interesting it's the same key "D" all other keys are working. This might me something to watch.
Nothing spilled on computer. Letter is needed as well.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, but instead the issue is with the key "A". It started with a few glitches, but now it doesn't work anymore.

Shame on you HP, I invested a lot of money in this laptop to replace an old Acer laptop, that I have been using for long eight years, and now that I have an amazing laptop, just after 1 year of use, the keyboard has a lot of issues. And the cost a for new one, is abusive.

HP Recommended

HP did great when I was able to talk with support. They had me send me in the computer (They provided a box for shipping) on a Friday, and had my computer back the next Tuesday. Computer is working great. Again, took a bit to get the diagosis going, but one they did, it was great service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.