Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had less than zero luck with HP Support (they've led me in circles for almost 2 months now), so I'm reaching out to the community.

My Omen 15t-dc000 is a custom build (from HP) with a GTX1070 and Thunderbolt 3 port.

I've learned that my Omen 15t has a non-standard Thunderbolt 3 port that is built to some secret HP specs instead of TB3 specs, thus it doesn't work with most of the TB3 docks on the market.  From what I've read online it doesn't even work with HP's own TB3 docks.  However, it sounds like some have had luck with the G2 120W?

Anyone with one of these laptops.  Have you found a dual-display TB3 dock that works?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pcorning 

Please review the following list and compare pro/con few options before make final decision.

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

I don't use Thunderbolt™ 3 dock for my HP Omen 15-dc0xxx namely HP Omen 15-dc0071tx. I'm using a 7years old USB-3 dock to have 2 external monitors I don't need fancy monitors, they support 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

However, I have already researched all the devices on that list, none work with the Omen 15t.

I finally got an answer from HP Support...  It seems the Thunderbolt 3 port on the Omen 15t isn't a real TB3 port.  HP advertises it as a TB3 port, but its made to some secret specifications that only HP knows.  So, no TB3 dock will ever fully work with my laptop. 😞    I was informed that its my fault for not knowing that HP didn't put a real TB3 port on my laptop and they closed the support case.

Anyway... You said you use a USB-C dock?  That might be an option...

Which dock?  Does it have a built-in GPU or does it use your laptop's GPU?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.