Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP Omen plays the content fine on my laptop screen but when I connect it to a TV using an HDMI cable I get the audio and sub titles on the TV but no video. 

tried this both from the Web page and the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @KhunRay,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What is your precise model of Omen?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you have connected a TV via HDMI and you get the audio and subtitles but no video. Here are links that I hope will help.

HP Notebook PCs - Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV (Windows 10, 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues

Please let me know the outcome.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  Smiley Happy  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @KhunRay,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What is your precise model of Omen?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you have connected a TV via HDMI and you get the audio and subtitles but no video. Here are links that I hope will help.

HP Notebook PCs - Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV (Windows 10, 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues

Please let me know the outcome.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  Smiley Happy  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Turns out its a copy protection scheme by MSFT and Netflix.  Connecting an external monitor to your laptop to display the netflix content is not supported  see response from Netflix.  I have to wonder what happens to people who use HDMI TVs as their primary monitor... So I have to use my  chrome web browser or chromebook to watch Netflix on my tv or go get a new device. Thanks for your response

-----------------------------------------/netflix begin

Seems that what is happening, is that, watching Netflix like connecting your computer to a TV is not an official way to watch so is more like a work around, what is happening is that Netflix is protecting the content from copy rights, connecting it to a TV the app and IE take it as a way to copy the content, I know you are not doing this, but Netflix take is as an attempt for this and blocks the content, as Chrome is an Open Source project, the content is not protected like in other browsers and this is why you can watch it with no problems, my team is suggesting that you can try using a different cable that does not have this HDCP protection or keep using Chrome as it work as you wish in your TV!

----------------------------------------/netflix end

HP Recommended

Hi @KhunRay,

Thanks for the update and I am glad you solved your difficulty. 🙂

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.