Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 (2018) dc-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

What failed: rtux64w10.sys

FINAL UPDATE : Please look at my last post with a firmware/driver link which solved my problem. It might help you too.

After upgrading to windows 11, I've been experiencing this BSOD a lot. I'd say at least 3 times a day and its becoming really annoying now. So far from what I've looked at on the internet, I've found its some network driver issue. I updated all my drivers but still am getting the BSOD. I also am not able to download anything from the internet. I am unsure if its the driver which is causing this but downloading anything from chrome and edge gives me a "network error" download failed message. Also getting "download write error" for intel drivers. Please help me with this. I cant live with 3 BSODs a day.

rohan98_0-1639282255080.png

rohan98_1-1639282536280.png

rohan98_0-1639282822249.png

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to use another PC to download the latest W11 driver for your Intel 9560 wifi adapter from the link below. 

Copy it to a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into your 15-dc0085tx notebook, run the driver from the flash drive, or copy the driver from the flash drive to your notebook's desktop, and run it.

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

HP Recommended

Hey thanks for the reply. Just installed the driver. Will check back in couple of days of testing to see if there are any more BSODs and report my findings.

Update 1 : The download issue has been fixed. Can download and save anywhere on the system.
HP Recommended

Update 2 : Tried downloading faceit anti cheat. Chrome showed download failed. Hit resume and it started downloading but while downloading - boom - BSOD.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What happens when you use Edge to download files?

HP Recommended

Did not try it with edge.
Update 2 : Got 2 more BSODs by opening a couple of tabs in chrome. Error still caused by rtux64w10.sys (shown on the BSOD screen). I do have a lot of tabs open but I also have 32 gb of ram and a tab disabler which turns off the tabs when not in use after a period of time so that should not be a problem (ram usage is 8.7/31.9).

Update 3 : Tried downloading with Edge.

1st attempt - Couldnt download. Network issue. (tried with the option "open")

2nd attempt - Downloaded (tried with the option "open" again)

3rd attempt - Browser crashed (tried with the option "save as" since the previous attempt downloaded the file but could not open file location).

rohan98_0-1639333376120.png

This is getting really annoying and frustrating now.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

When you google the error that is generated by the BSOD, you will find various problems related to that file.

rtux64w10.sys - Bing

You may want to go back to using W10 until more of the bugs are worked out of W11.

HP Recommended

I tried but the "Go Back" option in the update settings is greyed out for me.

rohan98_0-1639364246269.png

Also tried reverting to W10 with the advanced settings option that comes up before booting into the OS but that didnt work for me either. 

HP Recommended

Update 3/4 : Installed this driver - https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-usb-c-dock-g5/27767205/swItemId/ob-260...

I am using a type c dock that also connect my ethernet cable. My research for this issue led me to some posts which were having problems with the same BSOD issue but with a dock. So I looked it up and people were using the G5 dock. Under the G5 dock there was a firmware driver thing. I took a chance and installed that and so far I havent had a problem with the BSODs. For anyone having this issue, please try and install the driver and observe the results. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.