Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

yes it's a common problem. Everyone who updated their BIOS which was pushed by HP support assistant. 

HP Recommended

i play apex legends and after around 15 mins my fans start going crazy and then the screen goes blue saying hibernating/locking and switches off but the light on the power button will be on and the fans will still be running like crazy although the display is off and this continues for another 1 or 2 minutes until the whole laptop is off. Once its off i press the power button and the screen is comes on , i type in my screen lock code and the desktop is shown and the game has been minimised but still running.  Is there anyway to go back to the old bios? and also if you do find a solution please let us know here too 🙂 .

HP Recommended

You can use ryzen master to lower the temperatures of the laptop but this will under volt the  CPU. I do not suggest doing this but it's a temporary solution to be able to play games. Don't mess around with it unless you know what you're doing. We still need HP to reply to this with a solution. 

Windows 10 version 2004 is now available for my laptop. If you look at the notes of the new F.08 BIOS, it says that this BIOS version can now be pretty much help installing windows 10 version 2004. Windows 10 version 2004 itself has a lot of problems so updating it to that may make it worse or fix it and since there is a pandemic now I can't try doing anything.

HP Recommended

IS there any update in the issue? I am also facing the exact same problem and I contacted the HP support also and clearly they had no idea what to do or even talk properly as  a matter of fact. I already tried the following methods 

1) updated all graphic drivers

2) reset the BIOS system using the Key combination (Windows+B) 

3) Reverifying the Game through EPIC installer etc

Its not even one month since I bought the laptop. And I am facing this issue. There is no HP support in my region also. and as I told , I did contact  the HP support and that was of NO USE  since even they had no idea of anything. They did not even know that HP Pavilion (Even after giving the product name, serial number and others numbers) comes with a "Power USB" port on the right side.

HP Recommended

IS there any update in the issue? I am also facing the exact same problem and I contacted the HP support also and clearly they had no idea what to do (or even talk properly as  a matter of fact). I already tried the following methods 

1) updated all graphic drivers

2) reset the BIOS system using the Key combination (Windows+B) 

3) Reverifying the Game through EPIC installer etc

Its not even one month since I bought the laptop. And I am facing this issue. There is no HP support in my region also. and as I told , I did contact  the HP support and that was of NO USE  since even they had no idea of anything. They did not even know that HP Pavilion (Even after giving the product name, serial number and others numbers) comes with a "Power USB" port on the right side.

HP Recommended

yo mate it is the fault of HP's BIOS. Rev F.05 never caused this issue. Due to this they have removed f.08 from their website too. All we can do is wait for them to fix it

HP Recommended

yeah so hopefully, they will fix it soon

HP Recommended

They have closed the comment section in the previous themes, so I propose to write here) 

HP Recommended

closing comment sections is the most pathetic thing that HP can do. HP needs to own up the mistake it has committed. They did pull the F.08 BIOS version from the website but that doesn't really help anything. None of us have gone out of our way to install BIOS F.08, it was updated from the HP support assistant. HP has been really irresponsible in dealing with this issue.

HP Recommended

This is the Support Community, most contributors are volunteers.

Can you downgrade the BIOS on your PC? HP usually has older BIOS versions available on the support page for a machine.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.