Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-en1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently bought my OMEN Laptop 15-en1xxx and never managed to modify the backlighting of the keyboard, the OGH does not show the lightning tab like I've seen in some videos or screenshots.
Here is what I already tried :

• uninstall and reinstall the OGH
  • update the bios
  • boot without secure mode
  • run the hp software to check for the pilots

All I can do is use the Fn+F4 to get the basic white backlighting.

Also, I know that this computer was already sent to someone before me but got returned to the vendor ( I think that it was because of the battery, I'll have to change it if possible ), it has been factory reseted before being sent to me and I've seen somewhere that this type of action can break a little bit the HP's driver and that you need something special to reinstall them.

This is a repost because the original one was dead and I haven't found how to @ someone 😕

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@SeniorBolo 

What is your OMEN 15-en1xxx ? Does it have 4-zones keyboard ? OGH now has 2 options for machines which have a 4-zones keyboard

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It is the Omen 15-en1033nf, and in every product description of this particular laptop the 4 zone rgb is mentioned but I can't find it in the OGH.

HP Recommended

@SeniorBolo 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c07581994

which says nothing about its keyboard.

My machine is older

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06095817

which clearly says  Full-size 4-zone lighting backlit keyboard with numeric keypad and NKRO

Anyway, please try

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/How-to-use-OMEN-Light-Studio-and-How-to-fix-the-...

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I already tried that, the LightStudioHelper is not in the scheduler and the other fixes proposed in the thread were not working neither.

But I installed the logitech ghub for my mouse on my Laptop, and when I go to the light studio it prompts me with a tutorial to add the mouse to the Light studio.

Once completed, I can now see the mouse and the laptop, but I still can't change the laptops lightning, it's greyed and the little '?' says that this product is not supported...

I think that I have the silver mica version of this laptop, but I've seen photos online of silver mica versions of other laptops with rgb lightning on the keyboard when I only have white.

HP Recommended

@SeniorBolo wrote:

... But I installed the logitech ghub for my mouse on my Laptop, and when I go to the light studio it prompts me with a tutorial to add the mouse to the Light studio...

@SeniorBolo 

That means Lighting Studio works, it can not find the right (led lights) hardware on your machine. Or in short: your machine does not have 4-zones keyboard.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Everywhere I have checked, the omen 15-en1033nf has a 4 zone rgb keyboard, even on the vendors website and for the silver mica version

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.