Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0003la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, after updating my bios version to f.45, I can't undervolt my CPU in OMEN Gaming Hub. I get the message: We have detected the Intel SGX - enabled software in your system. For security reasons the undervolting feature is currently disabled. To enable this feature, please remove any software that uses Intel SGX.

Any idea how can I tell what software uses Intel SGX, or simply, how can I resolve this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Same issue here but with a  Omen HP 15-dh0005la. Temperatures drastically increased making the laptop almost useless.

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem in my case.I have an Omen 2020 version with i710750h and RTX 2070 (120Watt) and I'm not able to undervolt the processor, after the windows 11 made some updates in HP firmware.I did the undervolting with Throttle stop, a very usefull software that allows to easy undervolt your processor.

I disabled from bios intel SGX, with no result.Until I will find a solution I made some changes at Processor Power Management and I set up Maximum Processor state at 99%.In this way  my temperatures never pass 65 degrees, but with only major lack:

No turbo boost, and this way the maximum frequency is 2.6GHZ for all 6 cores.  But for me is enough, I only play FIFA and Forza Horizon ultra settings at 60fps.For another games, especially heavy shooters and open world, the frame drops significantly  with turbo boost disabled.

If anybody has a solution for making possible undervolting again, please share with us

HP Recommended

i just read about two solutions 1) PowerMonkey  UEFI Application and 2) using a ch341a spi programmer with a soic8 test clip. But imo they only might work for advanced users. 

HP Recommended

Hi guys! I have the exact same issue, so I contacted HP over WhatsApp.

I was told to perform a CMOS reset (shut down the device, hold the Windows key + V, then simultaneously press the power button for 2-3 seconds and the let go of the power button but keep on pressing the Windows key and V until you hear a beep or the CMOS reset screen).

I was able to set the Undervolting option again, but only until I rebooted the device. But the Undervolting setting was still active (another reboot removed the setting again).

I am still in contact with the support and will keep you updated in this thread.

Edit: Unfortunately, I could not resolve this issue. The only way for me to get undervolting working was to perform a rollback of the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Same issue here with Omen 17-cb0090nr (i7-9750H and RTX2080) my average temps before bios update were 51CPU-39GPU now idle in the desktop with no apps open I'm running at 75CPU-54GPU

HP Recommended

There is new BIOS on https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-dh0000-laptop-pc-series/26122167

Please download and install it, and see if issue could be fixed or not.

HP Recommended

Yes ,it's working with new bios update"

Thank you!

My model is HP Omen 17 cb1002na

Now I'm able to undervolt again, and keep my temperatures very low

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.