Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx is charging extremely slowly(taking 5 hours for 30%) with original 135W charger after the BIOS update AMD F.08
Its still under warranty and no physical damage

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Same happened with me too after updating to F.08 bios.I reinstalled bios after downloading it from https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/laptops(let hp detect your product). It worked for me hope it does for you too.

cheers

HP Recommended

Did you reinstalled to f.08 again? How did you do that? Or the previous one (f.05)? Because all i know there is no way to rollback to the previous bios (f.05)

HP Recommended

I tried reinstalling with your given link but it hasn't helped still....Also a problem of overheating is occurring. Laptop shutdown even while playing not so heavy games (eg GTA V). It used to work fine just before the update

HP Recommended

hi, yeah i reinstalled f.08 and yes there is no way to roll back:( 

hope hp finds a solution soon

HP Recommended

Yeah same issue with me. I used ryzen controller, set CPU temp to 70°C. I played around 5 hours and there is no locking/hibernate issue. But the perfomance is really unstable.

HP Recommended

@bhanu65 I also dont know what to do then.

for preventing overheating problems i followed one of the other user's solution here what to do:

download ryzen controller

set cpu max temperature to 70

after this there will be a slight decrease in perfomance while gaming but atleast  it wont shut down/hibernate

HP Recommended

I contacted HP Support, they too concluded it to be a BIOS problem and told me to either wait for the new BIOS or reset my laptop

HP Recommended

I tried to reset windows 10 but it doesn't work. The issue still persist

HP Recommended

Is ryzen controller safe to use?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.