Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0013nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've got a problem with my OMEN-15 Laptop 2020. It's i7-10750h model with 32gb RAM, 1660Ti.

The CPU started overheating recently looking at the temperature readings. But the temperature readings are erratic. Since the start the CPU has about 50 degree celcius and then after 3 seconds it can become 75 degrees, then after 1 second 90 degrees then again 2 seconds later 50 degrees. The temperature is jumping back and forth without any patterns of using the system and the fans are constantly trying to adjust the RPM to these readings. When doing the high performance tasks like rendering a video the CPU temp reading seats at 100 degrees and the fans are working like crazy. None of these things happened in past 1,5 year of using this laptop. I think the problem isn't with temperature, but with the readings because they're jumping in 1 seconds it becomes 90 and then after another 2 seconds it could be 40. CPU won't cool down that fast in this short time?

I'm using HWMonitor and Omen Gaming Hub to check the temperatures - the same readings.

The Windows, Bios, Drivers are newest and updated through HP Support Assistant. I think there was an BIOS update lately and it started right after it, but I'm not sure.

Fan settings, performance settings, graphic card settings won't change anything in Omen gaming hub.

I repaired the Windows system and performed all the checks in HP Support Assistant- all good.

A read a bunch of topics here about the temperatures, but none of it really helped. I would be grateful for any ideas.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@anteks,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Overheating issues with the Omen by HP Notebook. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

If the issue still persists it could be a hardware issue on the PC.

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.