Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0062la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello people I wanted to communicate my problem to see if anyone can help me. 2 days ago I was quietly using the PC, when suddenly it freez. Then blue screen of windows. It's not the first screen that I've had so I assumed that by restarting I'd already be there, but the same thing happened again, with the error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE appearing. Search on the internet how to solve it and try all the alternatives, being the last option to format. However, when I tried to reinstall the operating system, only a 27 GB storage drive appeared, the INTEL OPTNE drive. So I immediately canceled the process to check in the BIOS, and sure enough, the only storage drive that appeared in the system was the INTEL OPTANE 27 GB drive. so I assumed that the 500 GB SSD had failed. So I decided to contact the technicians to claim the warranty.
They made me run the diagnosis of the storage units and something strange happened. on the one hand it came out approved, but below it appeared an extended evaluation NOT FOUND, or something similar, for which the technicians told me to throw away a flash drive with CLOUD RECOVERY TOOL, which was impossible for me because I tried several times and it got stuck in the loading screen, with the OMEN logo and spinners that should spin, but are static instead. I also tried the recovery tool that comes pre-installed on the system, which is accessed through the menu obtained by pressing the esc key during power up. The technicians agreed to send me a calibrated flash memory from the lab to do it, even though I told them that something was wrong with the 500 GB SSD. They told me that it is not 2 separate units, but rather a single hybrid unit, which for me is wrong since the 2 units always appeared separately to me.
At the moment I have to wait around 5 days for the flash memory to arrive waiting for it to work although I have very little hope to be honest. If it doesn't work, I'll have to contact them again so they can come to my home to pick up the equipment to check it. The problem is that I use the equipment both to study and to work and I need it working urgently, so while I wait for news from the technical team, if someone could enlighten me I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for your valuable time.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Keegox

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry! We are in your corner.
I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 
The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue.  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello ECHO LAKE good morning.

Thanks for your interest, I'll tell you that I've already tried that, so there's obviously a problem with the disk since the system doesn't even recognize it..

Likewise, next week they will come to remove the equipment to review it and that the guarantee covers it..

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Keegox

Thank you for posting back.

Apologize for the inconvenience caused and I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Work on it at your convenience and keep me posted on the results.   

Have a great day ahead!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No problem, thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.