Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 16c0800no
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

On my retailer website and having a word with their support they have concluded that this laptop should have RGB lighting. But it says on the lighting studio that it does not have it for this model?

I will go to the store I purchased it from so they can have a look but thats before a couple of days. I'm testing this forum to see if I can solve the problem before that or get some assistance from someone.

Model name: HP 4S1C7EA#UUW

[personal information removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I see the other experts still don't comprehend the use of the Product Content Browser they have for information.

@akiusesomen  your model does not come with RGB lighting from the factory. It only  comes with 1 zone lighting.
Here is the info the HP staff can access for this...

HP Laptop 16-c0800no  keyboard.PNG

"Why doesnt HP make this info available on their basic specs pages?"

I have argued this same point with HP ever since I have been an Expert here. I found I might as well bang my head against a wall.  Anyway, hope that helps answer your question.

PS: here is a PDF data sheet with the basic specs including the keyboard info.
https://pcb.inc.hp.com/dc/api/spec-sheet/ww-en/2100898667/pdf/4S1C7EA.pdf

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@akiusesomen 

When opening your machine the first time, can you see 4-zone key board which is similar to

light colors.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

.@banhien

My Hub does not even look like yours..

Like when I first installed this PC it recommended me to upgrade to Windows 11 aswell and I did it. Can it have the fact to do that I got Win11 installed and not Win10?

Skärmbild 2021-12-02 234255.pngSkärmbild 2021-12-02 234312.png

HP Recommended

@akiusesomen 

Please use Effects to see how it goes:

effects.png

Regards

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

.@banhien

I have, it does not work, sure I can chose stuff on the right hand menu but the keyboard does not react.

I have a laptop and I'm using it's keyboard. I do not have a external keyboard that I've plugged in.

HP Recommended

@akiusesomen 

Sounds like your machine does not have 4-zone keyboard. My machine has the following line on its specs

Full-size 4-zone lighting backlit keyboard with numeric keypad and NKRO

Regards

BH

HP Recommended

How come HP does not have all their products on their website for people to check on? It's a 2021 model gaming laptop and should have RGB keyboard.

Where do you find that text of spec that you just mentioned about the keyboard? Specifications where you find your processor, ram etc specifications? Never seen a specification for a backlit keyboard on that information menu.

HP Recommended

I see the other experts still don't comprehend the use of the Product Content Browser they have for information.

@akiusesomen  your model does not come with RGB lighting from the factory. It only  comes with 1 zone lighting.
Here is the info the HP staff can access for this...

HP Laptop 16-c0800no  keyboard.PNG

"Why doesnt HP make this info available on their basic specs pages?"

I have argued this same point with HP ever since I have been an Expert here. I found I might as well bang my head against a wall.  Anyway, hope that helps answer your question.

PS: here is a PDF data sheet with the basic specs including the keyboard info.
https://pcb.inc.hp.com/dc/api/spec-sheet/ww-en/2100898667/pdf/4S1C7EA.pdf

HP Recommended

You sir should definitley have your own title! @photoray007

Thank you for the perfect reply, all I needed was the correct information and clarification on my thought directed to HP. I have been barraging through sites, threads and kicking down doors to find this reply and info. All the other expert replies felt like a bot behind an account.

I have been a HP user for like 15 years and been satisfyed with all the products I've bought throughout the years. The imense steps in innovation and product quality from business to gaming computers speak for themselves, top notch.

Allthough the lack of information for all the products is questionable and unreasonable, it has to be available for YOUR customers and members. Remember, honesty in quality and transparency with information will buy you loyalty from your members and customers.

HP is premium.

PS I love the OMEN even though I am without full RGB, and so do alot of people. Keep the high end level on it, it's truly great!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.