Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After I updated the new BIOS version F.05, fan noise a bit decreased when laptop is idle. I strongly recommend the new BIOS update.

HP Recommended

I do NOT recommend updating the BIOS to version F.05.!!

I have an HP Omen LapTop 15 (bought in jully 2020), the Fan was almost quiet with F.01 Bios version, and with Fan Always on disabled in the Bios. I have left the settings in automatic in commandCenter.

I updated the Bios to version F.05 and fan started to be very noisy. Even with the same Bios Setting.

I had to revert the bios from F.05 to F.01 and then everything went quiet again. Hurray.

Please HP could you please provide your PC's with quiet fans ?

HP Recommended

i just download that and how will this improved my fan sounds can you please help me out

HP Recommended

To be honest with you, regarding fan noise the HP omen is a very bad product, it has good specs but its a very anoying computer.

I suggest you buy a Lenovo i7 with vapour chamber instead, its soo quet and nice when not playing game.

HP Recommended

I went back to f.01 as I noticed that the temps were lower with same other settings in flight simulator 2020, whichdrives the laptop very hard

there was an update applied to the same omen command software version, which mentions overclocking and has intelextreme tuning in the installer, but nothing has been added for my CPU, even although the release was targeted at the i7-10750Hhello.JPGfolders.png

HP Recommended

The hp omen has great cooling.it just needs to be tuned by hp with updates. The lenovo has horrible temps. Watch youtube reviews. 

HP Recommended

I bought the 7i instead with veapour chamber and it its the HP alive in everything, temps, fan sound, game performance, picture quality and so on, its night and day, thoe its little more expensive, the youtube videos most have gotten bad versions.

HP Recommended

I do not agree. Besides the Lenovo laptop you mentioned costs 1000€ more. @ such a price I really hope that at least the cooling system is better. 😁

HP Recommended

I do have the same experience. Even when the computer is idle the fan is turning at a very low speed. Look at YouTube some users mention it. Be very careful with bios update, I had to revert back from version F.05 to F.01 because fan noise was too high. F.01 is ok.

HP Recommended

I payed 300 euro more and got same specs for the Lenovo and it was worth the night and day experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.