Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-en0027no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I've had my Omen 15 for 4 months now. Recently Windows automatically updated and ever since then I've had a weird deep vibration noise under my keyboard, mostly when my laptop is under heavy workload. I'm worried that it might be the sound of a broken / loose component. If it is, does the warranty cover it? And if it's not, how do I get rid of the annoying sound? 

Thanks everyone for helping!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you only have SSD then there are no moving parts except from the cooling fan so, mostly the sound is coming from the cooling fan which only kicks in at audible level when laptop is under heavy load it may be possible that something is obstructing the fans but very unlikely as you mentioned that it only makes sound when under heavy load, and if you have Hard disk drive (HDD) then the sound may be coming from it.  you can't get rid of them if the fans don't cool your system will fail. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Is it the noise made by the cooling fan?

HP Recommended

it's probably not from the cooling fan itself, it sounds like the cooling fan is scratching something

HP Recommended

If you can disassemble it yourself, you can open the back cover and check it. If you are inexperienced, you can send it to your local repair center. It may be safer to disassemble and check it.

HP Recommended

If you only have SSD then there are no moving parts except from the cooling fan so, mostly the sound is coming from the cooling fan which only kicks in at audible level when laptop is under heavy load it may be possible that something is obstructing the fans but very unlikely as you mentioned that it only makes sound when under heavy load, and if you have Hard disk drive (HDD) then the sound may be coming from it.  you can't get rid of them if the fans don't cool your system will fail. 

HP Recommended

I  also have same question ,which always bothers me.But recently ,it is resolved and I had repair it at a specialized store.

Fan Li
HP Recommended

Did encounter the noise before the Windows Update? It is possible that the Windows update that was installed recently is making your computer work a lot harder, hence the noise, which is probably from your HD. Try doing a system restore
https://softwaretested.com/windows/how-to-use-system-restore-on-windows-10-the-right-way/
or uninstall the latest update from your laptop
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-updates-and-patches-in-window...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.