Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
5TN14AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I burn windows 10 64x on usb flash, the boot doesn't work and it reboot laptop every time I try to boot from usb flash.

This is YouTube video that explain the problem.

https://youtu.be/FcEb8HyW2hk

Hope you helped me to fix the problem especially that I bought it 4 days ago.

** You can speed up the video 2x 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Hisoka3008 

Just watched your video. Either the operating system went bonkers or the hard drive is failing.

Can you access the UEFI Diagnostics tools?

Rapidly tap the F2 key when you press the power button to turn the computer on. Eventually a menu should open that gives you options for tests.

If it does, go to Component Tests and navigate to the Storage (hard drive) test. Run the short test first. If it finds nothing, run the long test.

If it gives you an error code, the drive is failing and will have to be replaced. If you are under warranty, HP will take care of it for you.

Note: If you purchased the laptop in what ever country you currently live in, it should be covered. If you imported the laptop from another country like (for example) the USA to the middle east, it most likely wont be covered as that specific product number wont be available there. If you are not covered under warranty, you can still replace it yourself if you wish.

If the diagnostics finds nothing, you might be able to simply reinstall Windows onto the drive.

Note: You will lose all current data files (unless you backed them up) as the drive will get wiped.

Or

You could try some of the trouble shooting repair steps outlined in this tutorial from Easeus. Sometimes this works, but usually I have found its just best to reinstall Windows clean.

Scroll down to... How to Fix "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" Issue in Windows 10

https://www.easeus.com/resource/fix-your-pc-ran-into-a-problem-windows-10.html

I will await your findings.

HP Recommended

I tried all the steps above but no thing happened,

I reached a point that may causes the problem,

Bios may lose its program ,  if the problem in the Bios what is the procedures to solve it.

IMG_20190904_143217.jpg

IMG_20190904_143132.jpg

IMG_20190904_105653.jpg

HP Recommended

You're going a complete different direction than what I suggested.

1. Were you able to access the Diagnostics via the F2 key?
  2. If you were, did it give you an error code?

This isn't necessarily a bios issue. You could access the bios by tapping the F10 key at startup and resetting it via F10 again, save and exit.

Again your hard drive most is likely bad and will have to be replaced.

As I asked previously, are you under a valid warranty?

Have you tried to clean reinstall Windows from a USB recovery drive made from the Microsoft media Windows 10 tool?

If installing from a USB pen drive fails, you will have to replace the hard drive either yourself or from the HP Warranty.

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for Ur interesting,

I'll try your suggestions and then tell you about the result.

HP Recommended

I tried all the steps above and the strange thing that I face several errors each time

IMG_20190907_151320.jpg

IMG_20190907_151604_1.jpg

IMG_20190907_152027.jpg

IMG_20190907_151832.jpg

IMG_20190907_151658.jpg

HP Recommended

Sounds like the drive is failing. Again I ask, are you under warranty? Did you purchase the laptop in what ever country you are in now, or did you import it from another? If you have a warranty, HP will replace the drive for you.

Let me know so I know how to proceed.

HP Recommended

Hello Photoray002, thanks a lot for you continuation, 

"I ask, are you under warranty?"

I live in Gaza strip in Palestine we suffers from Israel occupation and all goods and merchandise blocked from getting inside our region so we don't have real warranty on what we buy, because the difficulties we face to return  products to original company,

I tried many soloutions like change ram socket and tries a new ram also,

I tried new SSD but no any thing happend

HP Recommended

Oh OK, got ya. Sorry I cant help as far as warranty is concerned then.

You have replaced the SSD and replaced the Ram and you still get this issue?

I just want to "clarify" something before I give up here. I need exact details so I don't misunderstand something.

I want to make sure its a hardware issue and not simply that you cannot get Windows to install.

Earlier you said you couldn't boot from the USB installer?

Explain in what way. I assume you created a USB installer from another computer using the Media Creation Tool.

Can you get the Omen to recognize the USB installer drive, or is it not showing?

1. If you rapidly tab the ESC key at start up, do you get a boot menu? If so, press the F9 key and you get a choice of drives. The USB drive should show, correct? Or is it not showing?
  2. If it does show and you select it, does it let you install Windows or does it just error like above?
  3. Do you have both an SSD and HDD installed? If so, disconnect the HDD before installing Windows and leave it disconnected until you can verify Windows will work.

Lastly, you mentioned the bios. You could certainly try reverting the bios back to its last known working state. But I would save this as a last resort. Messing with bios can be unstable and if something were to fail in the process, it could brick the motherboard. I don't think it will have anything to do with your issue, but anything is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.