Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 dc1093tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought hp omen 15-dc 1093tx 3 day's ago,It heat's up a lot while playing games on ac adaptor. And not much in other cases, cpu temperature shows about 90°C.

But the part about laptop's keyboard heat's up like iron.

When power is disconnected it gets back normal after 5-10mins.

That heating doesn't cause any throttling but it feels abnormal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, if the 90c temps are causing you discomfort, you can try what I recommended above.

If it were going to harm your system, I wouldn't have recommended it.  😉

Before you do, try this first...

Open the Omen Command Center and look for the section called Performance Control. In there should be an option called Comfort Mode. Select that and see if it helps with the heat issue any. Its the easiest fix if it does work.

Here is the page explaining the command center functions...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05387497

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Pranav861 

Yes that is typical of what you are seeing. The laptop is running the system at full speed and power for the CPU/GPU while plugged in. If you run on battery only, the system throttles the power to the processor and you see the lower temps. Only problem is, you also lose efficiency and your fps will drop out while gaming. Also brings your battery to its end of life much faster.

There are a couple of things users do in this situation.

1. You can go into the bios and drop the CPU power percentage down, might help some. Bios needs to be up to date for this.
  2. You can go into Windows Power Options>Advanced settings>Processor power management and change the Maximum processor state to 95%.
  3. Or  you can install a tool like ThrottleStop or XTU and undervolt the CPU (what most users prefer).

That is all I can offer for this, it is what it is. You are also welcome to contact HP Support directly for Warranty help if you wish. But they wont support the third party options I have given you.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Actually CPU and GPU temperatures are not going above 90°C(as shown in command center),but the part above keyboard gets extremely hot.

Also,Can you explain that 3 solutions?(Like will it cause any performance or any other issue. And is it completely safe to undervolt?)

I am not familiar with using notebook computers,this is the first one I bought.

HP Recommended

Well, if the 90c temps are causing you discomfort, you can try what I recommended above.

If it were going to harm your system, I wouldn't have recommended it.  😉

Before you do, try this first...

Open the Omen Command Center and look for the section called Performance Control. In there should be an option called Comfort Mode. Select that and see if it helps with the heat issue any. Its the easiest fix if it does work.

Here is the page explaining the command center functions...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05387497

HP Recommended

Can you tell me the offset voltage values for cpu core,cpu cache and intel gpu for my particular model?

And also tell me how to switch states when on ac power and on battery.

I have downloaded ThrottleStop and doesn't know much about it.

Hope you will help me out of this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.