Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b0000 (2W6B3AV)

The previous topic (Solved: Omen 16 Touchpad lagging - Page 5 - HP Support Community - 8263108) was closed, and I wanted to write an update.

The touchpad started acting strange from day one, and after some troubleshooting, I had to send it to maintenance.

After the first maintenance (from the papers, new motherboard and "system reset", in fact, downgrade to win 10), the issue was not fixed at all!

I've filmed my touchpad not working and got in touch with the national support of hp.

It was reviewed and they gave me as only option to send it again to maintenance.

Probably, this time they had some internal comunications, and the pc came with a new touchpad(even with the protective plastic), new pcb and (honestly I doubt about this) a new motherboard.

Now it is finally working, and I hope for a very long time.

So for everyone out there, if you're still under warranty, do your best to make sure the support really addresses the issue, they can fix it after all.

Best wishes!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Found a fix! It seems the problem is hardware, but a 5min fix.

It looks like hp used an unshielded trackpad cable, and there's some interference problems that is causing the issue. I followed this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPOmen/comments/wa4f1h/solve_the_touchpad_issue_of_omen_laptop/ , 

and it shows how you can apply the fix. it takes 5 minutes, and solved the problem for me! 

HP Recommended

Is your new touchpad still working fine?  I’m sending mine to back to HP repair tomorrow after dialogue via HP WhatsApp support, the conversations with the agent were very generic though. How did you put emphasis on the situation? Did you have a contact at the support centre? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.