Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 (3V6M2AV)

SEE my second post for details.  HP closed off all of the other threads so i can only create this new thread that actually FIXES the problem.  Its the GPU thats causing the touchpad issues.
Original post -   Just reupping this problem that remains unsolved for years. The Touchpad tracking lag.  Yes the Fn F11 fixes for 5min to and hour, but the problem always returns, so its definitely NOT solved.

Im thinking i need to write a macro that turns touchpad off and on every 5 minutes

Pretty poor record HP after going through 6 other pages of the same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This may be the fix  --- for anyone with the touchpad problem, the FIX is disabling the INTEL integrated graphics and running on NVIDIA gpu only.  I was thinking of sending this Laptop in for service, but im happy ive found what looks like a permanent solution. So weird that HP has not found this same solution.
Things you should try, set GPU to Nvidia only, try different resolutions 1080p or 1440p, turn off hardware acceleration on your browser. 

Fn F12 solution also works but only for about 5 mins for me, so its not a real solution.

------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone is down this rabbit hole in the years to come. Im still testing but its possible that turning off some settings in NVIDIA and disabling intel graphics, and reducing to 1080p has greatly improved things. I really think the touchpad freezing is due to its interaction with the screen/GPU.

Im testing over the next few weeks to see which settings i can turn back on such as 1440p native res.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This may be the fix  --- for anyone with the touchpad problem, the FIX is disabling the INTEL integrated graphics and running on NVIDIA gpu only.  I was thinking of sending this Laptop in for service, but im happy ive found what looks like a permanent solution. So weird that HP has not found this same solution.
Things you should try, set GPU to Nvidia only, try different resolutions 1080p or 1440p, turn off hardware acceleration on your browser. 

Fn F12 solution also works but only for about 5 mins for me, so its not a real solution.

------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone is down this rabbit hole in the years to come. Im still testing but its possible that turning off some settings in NVIDIA and disabling intel graphics, and reducing to 1080p has greatly improved things. I really think the touchpad freezing is due to its interaction with the screen/GPU.

Im testing over the next few weeks to see which settings i can turn back on such as 1440p native res.

HP Recommended

UPDATE:   for anyone with the touchpad problem, which made Omen laptop unusable, my suggestion is disabling the INTEL integrated graphics and running on NVIDIA gpu only.  I was thinking of sending this Laptop in for service, but im happy ive found what looks like a permanent solution. So weird that HP has not found this same solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.