Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue from day 2 (the first day I kept it on more than 5 min).

While reading the three pages of this post it began lagging, so I used the fn+f11 shortcut, and to my horror, disabling and re-enabling solves the issue, suggesting it could be software related.

By reading the other posts in this forum, it looks like repair is the only way, and it worked just for some of the people, so it's still not 100% the solution.

I chose between two brands, both reaching almost 2k for a laptop, needed 3 months of shipping, then I've got to send it back.

Disappointing.

HP Recommended

I've got in touch with the Whats-app assistance.

The suggestion I got is to install the sp139009 touchpad driver.

It is a new version, https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139001-139500/sp139009.exe

I can't find it on the normal drivers page, so I imagine it is not public yet, signed 22 march 2022.

Using Google I've found another link on another post on the chinese forum: https://h30318.www3.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139001-139500/sp139009.exe

30 minutes without that issue so far, I received this pc a couple of weeks ago and never managed to use it for this much time continuously.

If it keeps working, well done by the assistance.

HP Recommended

i assume i just have to open the .exe file and press continue as it is what i have done just now. I'll keep updating, lets see if they solved the issue once for all

HP Recommended

What's the joke)?. sp139009 is just the latest driver on the official website, at least for my HP Omen 16 (2021). This driver has been current since the purchase of the laptop and it does not solve the problem in any way. When the touchpad starts lagging, just pull the laptop cover over and it starts working normally. This is exclusively a hardware issue, perhaps it is connected with some kind of bad contact between the display and the touchpad. Check for yourself, when the touchpad starts to lag, cover the lid closer, the lags disappear, and when you open the lid again more than 60%, it starts to lag. And the more the lid is open, the worse the touchpad works. It's strange that no one noticed the patterns. Thus, no drivers will help here, you can not fantasize. Sorry for my English

HP Recommended

I think you are in the wrong here, if what you are saying is true, why when pressing fn+f11 solves the problem.

Turning off and on the touch pads temporarily solves the issue for me and I really don't think is a hardware issue

HP Recommended

F11 is a temporary solution. By pressing F11, you just turn off the power to the touchpad and it helps for a while. When you have the lid open at 70% or higher, F11 helps only for a couple of minutes. And when it's at 50%, you don't have to press F11, because the touchpad just won't lag. Why guess if you can check and make sure that this is a hardware issue

HP Recommended

for several days in a row, I tried not to open the lid more than half and the touchpad works perfectly

HP Recommended

Also, in addition, it helps to press the lower part of the laptop case with your hand. Which once again confirms that this is a hardware issue

HP Recommended

It doesn't seem like you are having the same issues we have in this context. Maybe you are having real hardware issues as for me, installing the driver fixed the problem so far. I have been using my Omen with the new driver for three days now and I didn't have any problem.

Your solution (opening the display only to a spicific degree) is new to me. I wasn't experiencing that and I think the problem would have been still there. But maybe other users can report their experience.

HP Recommended

What’s new driver do you mean? Current driver hasn’t been updated since March. If the problem was with driver, people wouldn’t continue to write here with complaints. Waiting for other responses

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.