Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought a Omen 16 yesterday and the Laptop itself runs fine. I tried to connect it to my Acer Predator monitor (UWQHD and 185 hertz) via HDMI 2.1 but the quality isn't good at all. i can also only select 100Hz in the Nvidia settings when my monitor is plugged in. Don't know what it is but still 100Hz should look way way smoother than this. Some games are unplayable with monitor, 20-40 less fps and it stutters. I tried a few things like setting external monitor to main and disabled the laptops monitor but no change. 

I just ordered a Display port to mini display port cable and hope this will be better. Maybe the HDMI cable is bad....

League of Legends for example, it runs with 200+ fps without vsync but it lags while moving. That was not the case with my old desktop pc. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Theoretical yes, but it seems that the monitors HDMI can only perform at 100Hz. It brings up to 185 Hz but i guess only with DP.

Anyways, i made work and it's perfect now. I deactivated the laptops display and only use my UWQHD monitor now with really good performance. Games run really smooth. 

I will also try the DP cable, it should arrive today. More Hertz can't hurt lol.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@testo89 

Your machine has HDMI 2.1 port, in theory you can get 10K resolution at 120Hz:

https://www.viewsonic.com/library/tech/explained/hdmi-21-explained-everything-you-need-to-know/

• Firstly please check your cable, which version is it.
  • Secondly when resolution goes up, refresh rate will go down and vice versa

The aspect ratio of your monitor may also give higher refresh rate with 3.5K resolution.

miniDP to DP cable may help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Theoretical yes, but it seems that the monitors HDMI can only perform at 100Hz. It brings up to 185 Hz but i guess only with DP.

Anyways, i made work and it's perfect now. I deactivated the laptops display and only use my UWQHD monitor now with really good performance. Games run really smooth. 

I will also try the DP cable, it should arrive today. More Hertz can't hurt lol.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.