cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Cengize16
Level 1
12 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Omen 17 screen flikkering (only on laptop)

HP Recommended
Omen 17 - CB0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, My laptop screen is flikkering for a few days. (no problem when I use my external monitor.) At first, I couldn't understand what was causing it. I booted in safemode to make sure it wasn't screen related and it was not. But I couldn't find out what software or driver was causing it, so I used HP Cloud recovery to go to the factorysettings.

After it was finished I was updating Nvidia driver in the geforce app. And right after it finished my laptop screen started doing the same thing. A clean install did not fix it either. During the factorysettings I even lost everyting on my other drives, so I am very dissapointed and also upset :(. Someone please help me.

Laptop specs: HP Omen 17 - CB0xxx Bios F.33 (if its relevant) Graphics: RTX 2070 Intel i7-9750H samsung nvme .2 ssd

More details on the flikkering screen: So it flikkers and there appears horizontal stripes. There are continuously green dots on the screen. I uploaded a short video on youtube where you can see the screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DspqkQe2Sbk&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=Cen

No one replied at the forum of NVIDIA 😞

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,750 65,463 12,536 21,601
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cengize16 wrote:

... No one replied at the forum of NVIDIA 😞

@Cengize16 

Very hard to work out why but from my experience this is due to the screen cable.

Reason: I've got a machine with EXACTLY similar problem from day 1. After 2 weeks trying to fix myself  and posting questions around with no answer, I called HP and 3 days later an HP engineer came to my house to check. He said bad cable and decided to replace the screen. Problem solved.

Is your machine still under warranty ? If not, please contact HP Service center in your country and ask them to have a look.

Regards

Note: You were watching MVK's youtube. I love him, he is a smart, funny guy.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Cengize16
Author
Level 1
12 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll give that a try, thank you for your reply.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation