Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15 dc00085tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the command center seriously needs to have a fan control feature. the system gets heated a lot and theres no way to control it. the fan control will at least help do some damage control. the performance profiles are crap honestly and only ramp up when the keyboard is burning hot. also some rgb effects in the keyboard area would be nice to have. some monitoring should have already been in there but its not.

also the "dedicated" command center button doesnt work.

hope this gets fixed asap

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to the forum @rohan98

Have you updated your BIOS and then your OCC???

Advisory: OMEN by HP - Latest OMEN Command Center Has New Performance Control Feature: Comfort Mode

The new Comfort mode can be used to keep the computer cooler when convenient. However, the option is only available by updating to the latest version of OMEN Command Center (version 6.2.3.0 or later) and updating the BIOS to version F.06 (or later).

HP Firmware Pack (Intel Processors) BIOS Ver. F.07

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-dc0000-laptop-pc/20329817/m...

F.07.PNG

OCC download: Ver. 6.3.2.0

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

REO

HP Recommended

I've updated the bios and the occ both and also know about the comfort mode but what I'm talking about is heating during gameplay. If the command center had an option to manually select fan speeds than to select profiles would be a lot more convenient for the users. Waiting for the fans to kick in in performance mode after the deck is hot enough to burn your fingers can get quite frustrating because there's literally nothing you can do about it. Also the "dedicated" command center button doesnt work and I've seen a lot of people complain about it online. And the RGB effects as well should have been implemented from the start. I'm sure users will be really happy and satisfied once these changes/features are implemented, bc I sure am not happy with the software right now.

HP Recommended

@rohan98

To tell you the truth many people have complained about not having the ability to adjust the fans:

One side 200-300rpm  the other 2000-3000rpm???????

I too can not wait till they come up with some permanent solutions for the overheating and other problems ???

Sorry @rohan98 but this is all we have to work with for now.

REO

HP Recommended

Appreciate the honesty. Guess we'll have to wait till HP decides to do something about it. But for real they need to address this issue asap. Also can someone pass the message up the chain to get on with this problem so that it gets some attention?

HP Recommended

@rohan98

[edit]

Sorry for the inconvenience and delay in a solution.

REO

HP Recommended

so after messing around in throttlestop i found that disabling turbo ca n be an immediate solution to reduce the heating by a good degree but comes at the cost of performance. then i tried reducing the turbo to around 3.0ghz and found that you get performance close to the full potential and the heating is sort of controlled. still hits the 82-85 degree C mark from time to time but it can be worked with. still awaiting the fix from hp but for consumers who just got their hands on the new laptops hope this helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.