Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem happened recently. Everytime when I open OMEN Command Center (Microsfot Store App) I get this error message:

HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FFC0530020D referenced memory at 0x00000130041091F0. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Strangely, even though Omen Command Center cannot be opened, my macro P keys can still work.

If I reinstall the app. The first time it can be used, but if I close the program and re-open it, then it won't work.

Restarting Windows didn't fix the problem either.

I tried installing the program through HP website (sp84071.exe), what happens after install, it will ask for Restart in Less Than 1 Min, and after restarting Windows the program didn't even install.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Only thing I can suggest is to remove what ever version of the OCC is installed now, then reinstall from the MS STORE.

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Then manually run Windows updates even if they show its up to day. Run the check button anyways.

Then go to Services and make sure HP OMEN HSA Services is set to Running Automatic.

If you still have trouble after that, make sure your bios is up to date. But Note, there have been complaints about bios vers. F.19. and bad CPU speed that could not be fixed without reverting back to the previous version.

I would only run the bios update as a last resort.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.