Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X Laptop 17 Inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the omen x gaming laptop 17 inch, I had to reset my computer because every time I launched the command center it would freeze the entire computer, after resetting the command center is not there, so I install from the windows store that one doesn't work either and I remember people having problems with the windows version as well, so I guess its still a problem it seems, what to  now since the windows store version is broken, the dedicated omen button does nothing as well

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Did you reset using the HP Recovery setup and reinstall Windows?

1. Make sure Windows is fully updated. Go to All Settings>Update and Security and manually check for updates. Continue to do this manually until there are no more it can find.

Then go to the HP Support Assistant and search for any driver updates and install them.

2. Uninstall the OCC and reinstall it from here... OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

3. Type Services in the Windows Search bar and hit Enter. Scroll down to HP Omen HSA Service and see if its marked as Running Automatic. If it is not, double click on it and change the Startup Type to Automatic and click the Start button.

4. Then go to the Windows Search bar and type Device Manager and hit Enter. Scroll to Software Components and expand it. Look for Omen Software and Services and make sure there is no yellow caution sign next to it.

Let me know if that helps.

HP Recommended

the micrsoft store version works now but network booster doesnt work , its just blank ,and the dedicated omen button doesnt work still i actually have to go into the start menu to load it up 

HP Recommended

also, there's no info for the download and upload speed either, so that is broke and network booster is also, the only thing that's works right is the lighting tab and the overclocking which i don't use why does this thing suck?  😕  is there a difference I can use because the windows version is just not good at all, I see why it has so few reviews on the store  

HP Recommended

Im not sure why the network booster isnt working.You checked off all the things I mentioned above?

The microsoft store is the way to get the update now days unfortunately. Its part of an agreement OEMs had to make with Microsoft.

Ya I wouldnt recommend overclocking a laptop and would not use that function. Its going to cause the laptop to just overheat most likely.

The Omen Key not working is a glitch that HP knows about and hasnt come up with a solution yet.

HP Recommended

i see  smh omen key broke got it , but the network booster use to work fine before  😕  but i wasnt using the windows store version i was using a command center version from a random download from the forums a long time ago , that was the one that was messing up ,  sigh  now its back to this **bleep**ty windows version that doesnt even work the way its supposed to  😕

HP Recommended

Yes, its been a mess since the software was moved to the Windows Apps store.

I dont think the old version will work anymore with the newest version of Windows, but you can try if you havent already.

Uninstall the Windows app.

Then go to this page and follow the instructions on how to install the old version.

There are a few things that have to be done besides simply installing the OCC and I have them listed.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Omen-Command-Center/m-p/6309489...

If you have done all of this already and it still did not work, then all I can advise is to wait for an update. Sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.