Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15 ek0556nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I would like to know why after setting the undervolting through the Omen software, both intelligent and customized, every time the system is restarted or even when I only open and close the program, the undervolting turns off. Omen Gaming Hub is set to start automatically on startup and remain active in the background. Is there a solution? Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Nobody knows how to fix?

HP Recommended

This is normal behavior. In the event of a system crash, or you aren't able to open the Omen Gaming Hub due to very poor performance, it will reset the undervolting offset so that you will be able to regain control over the computer and use it correctly again. This is a normal process, and is not an issue, thank you.

HP Recommended

@GSynergy,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your Post and would like to help!

Thank you for following the troubleshooting steps from the  HP self-help.. Please share the document HP OMEN Gaming Hub features information 

​​​​​​​https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

@Praveenbv , 

It is worth noting, that this feature is a part of the Intel XTU subsystem, and driver that is included with the OMEN Gaming Hub SDK.

HP Recommended

Now it seems to work, finally, maybe after updating the app? I hope it keeps working properly, thanks.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the problem is still there, I set custom undervolting, then when I restart the pc I find undervolting turned off, deactivated, and I don't really understand what the problem is. I ask once again, but why doesn't it keep the undervolting value every time the notebook is turned on? It's a bit of a bummer to have to set the value every time, every time.

HP Recommended

Hello, please make reference to my earlier reply... This is a normal function and not a failure. Sometimes the setting will stay applied after a reboot, and sometimes it will not.

If you are still further concerned with this matter, I would recommend you check your Windows Event Log (Start > Event Viewer > System Events) to see if perhaps the reboot is failing for any reason (you will see "Critical" Kernel event, indicating that a system shutdown/reboot was "unexpected", the reason for this is thought to be due to the ACPI and how HP programs it to work. Anytime a shutdown/restart doesn't get completed correctly by the system, it will further be the reason why the undervolting settings are getting reset). 

HP Recommended

@GSynergy I appreciate your help so I understand this is how it has to work, actually now I have done the smart undervolt and after reboot it seems to have kept its value (after opening the Gaming Hub).
However I checked in the events as he suggested and in the critical events there is ''System reboot without a regular shutdown. This error can be caused by an unexpected system interruption, crash or power outage.'', Even though I have always shut down the laptop properly.
Anyway if this is how it has to work I'll make a reason, I actually preferred the Gaming Hub because I think it is more reliable than ThrottleStop, to say, I prefer to use the stock function of Omen.

HP Recommended

It looks like it works now and keeps undervolting on every reboot (I use the smart one)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.