Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a question about the clean install. You mentioned installing from a usb pen, I don't have one but I have a 1tb seagate hdd. Could I use that as the usb? If so, how would I go about doing this and what exactly is the benefit versus resetting from within WIndows?

HP Recommended

No unfortunately. Well, you might but it would be wonky  and the partitioning is the problem. The creation software looks for USB sticks.

You need at least an 8GB pen drive (but no larger than 32) for the Microsoft plain copy of Windows.

Create media Windows 10

or

You can also restore your HP with a factory install with all the HP programs already on it via the HP Cloud Recovery.

You would have to have a 32GB drive for that one and it does take longer to do, but will restore all the partitions for the UEFI Diagnostics tools to work again also. The link below gives the instructions and the link to download the files.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10

NOTE: It would be best to disconnect any additional drives that might be installed in your PC. Off hand I didnt look up if you have an HDD installed with an SSD. If so, disconnect the HDD first. It will save a whole bunch of potential problems with either method of recovery you choose.

HP Recommended

Also to add, The HP Cloud Recovery will automatically do a clean install.

The MS Creation tool has to be ran as a custom installation during the actual installation of Windows. Then you can delete the partitions manually. Then you will have to install all those files I gave you earlier to add the game hub to the drive.

HP Recommended

I'll get a usb tomorrow and give it a shot, thank you for all your help I really appreciate it. One more question, I don't know much about this but what I've gathered is that for some reason the files for my Omen Hub are no longer there. If I were to do either methods would those files be back? Or would it just reinstall everything as is, with the files still missing?

Nevermind I just saw that you said I'd have to install the files again.

HP Recommended

They are supposed to be back with the cloud recovery. the cloud recovery is most ideal for your system. But if the Hub is not there, you have the links to get it back.

HP Recommended

Okay I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes, fingers crossed. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I did the Cloud Revovery and it worked! Thank you so much I'm so relieved.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome. 😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.