Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-en1000 (2T3A6AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Omen Gaming Hub hangs when opening.  I cannot access any of it's features.  I can close it in Task Manager and try and reopen the Hub, but it just displays the Hub windows, but empty.
The Task Manager still shows the Omen Gaming Hub processes running (OMEN Command Center Background, OMEN MQTT Background)
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, resetting and repairing, but with no luck.  I have all windows, drivers, BIOS updates up-to-date.
I can still open is the Omen Light Studio, but It leaves the Hub hanging in the background.
OMEN Laptop 15-en1xxx   Product number : 3E5V4EA#AB
Software build ID : 20WW1VCT603#SABU#DABU

BIOS : F.13-03/16/2022
Windows 10 Home 21H1,   Build 19043.1826

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ShaunPalmer

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing battery-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

Click here to download the latest OMEN Command Center to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, Click here to find and install the omen controller, bios, and chipset drivers.

The only other thing to do is recover the original application from the recovery manager: Click here for instructions to retain the original Omen controller.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Sadly, this did not help.  I still have no idea why it stopped working in the first place.  I changed nothing except updated the graphics drivers.  Was it the Microsoft Store auto updating something that caused the issue?

Now after updating the bios, drivers, and every possible update, it still hasn't helped.   I cannot revert to an older version as I do not have a backup of it.

Is there any other way to control the fan settings?   This is severely restricting what I can do on my machine.

HP Recommended

I understand your concern. This looks like a software issue. I would suggest you please perform a clean reinstallation of the OS and check if the issue persists.

Here is a link that will help: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641788 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I would use a program called DDU to forcefully remove all remanants of display drivers. in the options of that program make sure to tick the box... prevent windows from auto downloading display drivers.... make sure you do all this in safe mode.

after reboot install the very latest display drivers. and ditch the omen hub. it doesn't contain anything useful

if you need help using DDU (display driver uninstaller) then just youtube search that topic. plenty of great tech tubers have shown how to use it. including jayztwocents

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.