Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
2021 Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Omen Light Studio will not apply my custom preset when I turn my laptop on. The only way to get it to apply it is to manually launch the App. Once I launch the app my settings immediately apply..

ive tried repairing the app, reinstalling it and manually setting it to launch at startup.

Nothing seems to fix this. Anybody have a clue if I’m doing something wrong is it just a beta bug that needs worked out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

***UPDATE*** I accidentally stumbled on a fix. Posting it here for future readers:

**If you quit using Omen Light Studio because it would not apply your custom preset at system startup, I just stumbled on a fix: Create a new user profile in the Gaming Hub. Set it to desktop control (just like the default profile)... Next, click the little symbol that looks like an xbox control on the top right by your avatar. Highlight your new profile by clicking it, then change Profile mode to "manual" and done! Restart your system and see for yourself 🙂***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@A_Cooper92 

It does make sense doesn't it. You have to launch the app. You can start the app when booting your machine.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-app-to-run-automatically-at-startup-in-windows-10...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I went into app settings and verified it was set as a startup app. I also even turned off the “background” setting, forcing it to run as an active task. 
At system login, default rainbow wave layer applied.

I click Omen Gaming Hub then click Omen Light Studio, bam it applies it.

There is a bug in this software. Unfortunately it is not usable in its current form

HP Recommended

If you care to take a look, I posted a video on Reddit Omen forum.

here’s the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HPOmen/comments/pz72pg/omen_light_studio_bug_see_attached_video_anybody/?ut...

HP Recommended

***UPDATE*** I accidentally stumbled on a fix. Posting it here for future readers:

**If you quit using Omen Light Studio because it would not apply your custom preset at system startup, I just stumbled on a fix: Create a new user profile in the Gaming Hub. Set it to desktop control (just like the default profile)... Next, click the little symbol that looks like an xbox control on the top right by your avatar. Highlight your new profile by clicking it, then change Profile mode to "manual" and done! Restart your system and see for yourself 🙂***

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device.

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem.

Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.