Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN-HP-15-cexxxxxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I updated from "OMEN Command Center" to "OMEN Gaming Hub" I lost features I specifically purchased this machine for.  Now I am told those features never existed with this model. I can assure they did. I bought this brand new aprox 4 years ago, and used the features flawless until the update. Struggle ever since.

OMEN Command Key no longer functions.

Overclocking feature is gone.

Performance Control is gone.

Oddly, the lighting feature still functions any color I wish. (They say this function didn't exist either, and should be solid red.)

I guarantee these functions were there. I used them till they disappeared, and yet I'm told these functions didn't exist until OMEN-HP-15-"d"xxxxxx and later.

Am I the only one? If you have experienced this, do you have a solution?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BourbonW 

I've told there are few bugs on OGH now, please wait for the next release. I know HP dropped some features on some series BUT Performance Control should be back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, BH.

I hope they go beyond just the one feature back. I purchased this machine with/for "all" the options. To take them away, and deliberately force me to re-buy another machine, for the features I already paid for, is not a good thing.

Thank you again,

Bourbon

HP Recommended

The Omen Key has always been wonky and unreliable. Dont know if it will ever be stable.

What version of the gaming hub do you have now?

Should be version 11.4.2.0

You can open the Windows Store and go to Downloads and Updates to see if its waiting to be installed.

Or...  Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply,

My OMEN key used to work like a champ. Never had any issues whatsoever. Since the update, dead (completely).

I did double check the version of The Gaming Hub, like you asked, and it is current. The problem is, under specifications, it is saying these options aren't available for my version of OMEN. That just isn't so... They were "all" there and worked flawless until the update.

Thank you,

Bourbon

HP Recommended

May have to wait for another update then.

In the mean time if you want, look to see if you have Windows Restore Points enabled. You could roll back to a point before the Game Hub updated and see if it works again?

If it does, turn off Windows Store updates temporarily.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.