Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Transcend 14 inch Gaming Laptop PC 14-fb0000 (8U970AV)

Anyone tried vbios flashing the transcend 14 yet? Or would anyone be able to let me know what a compatible bios would be? Thinking a boost from 65 watt to 80 watt would make a big difference in performance, as temps are pretty low as it is. cheers

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nate2001,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Generally, modifying VBIOS carries risks and can potentially void warranties if not done correctly. It's crucial to ensure compatibility and follow precise instructions.

As for increasing power limits from 65 watts to 80 watts, it's not just about the thermal capability of the laptop. Other components such as the CPU and VRM also need to handle the increased power draw. Without proper validation, attempting such modifications can lead to instability, overheating, or even hardware damage.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.