Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X 2S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my Omen X 2S won't detect the second screen. Dimming brightness on the main laptop screen also stopped working. 

I've tried updating the BIOS and the video card drivers, nothing works. 

Your help appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! I was also having the same issue which resulted in my graphics card not being detected but I found a solution that worked for me.

- Press Windows + X 

- Click on Device Management 

- Click on System Devices 

From there I saw that one of my drivers had an error icon next to it. All I did was update the drivers that needed to be updated from there and my second screen came back up. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Avbraga
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Adjust system settings and configure second screen settings.

1. Open OMEN Command Center on the main screen.

2. Move the content to the second screen by pressing the Screen Switch key  or dragging it to the second screen.

• Monitor System Vitals, choose Performance Control, or adjust keyboard and exterior Lighting.

• Use Settings to configure second screen options.

NOTE: When used on the second screen, OMEN Command Center is optimized for the smaller screen size and touch interface.
  1. System Vitals

2. Performance Control

3. Lighting

4. Real-time Screen Mirroring

5. Settings

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello,

the computer does not recognize the second smaller screen, it's operating as if the second scree doesn't exist. So step 2 suggested doesn't work. 

Pressing Function key + F1 or F2 to control brightness of the main laptop screen has stopped working as a result as well.

Still looking for a solution.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Avbraga

Try these steps - Press the Second screen On/Off key on the keyboard for 4 seconds to turn the display on.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

this didn't work. Laptop doesn't even detect the second screen. Laptop is operating as if second screen didn't exist. Second 6 inch screen doesn't work.

help still needed. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Avbraga To help you better, here's what I need:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

This second screen you've got the device connected to, is it using the same resolution as the laptop display?

Could you check if an alternate screen, one that works on the same resolution as the HP laptop does?

Also, in the meantime, update the BIOS, Chipset and the graphics card on the device and get back to us with the results: click here to find and install the same.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The support here is horrible.  You don't even use your real names. try a different monitor and see if that works? Do you even know anything at all about this laptop?  the second screen we are all asking about is physically installed within the laptop.  It is not a question of installing a second external monitor.  This is INTERNAL.

HP Recommended

Exactly. I seriously regret buying this product from HP and I'm now stuck with this **bleep** laptop, and no one from HP in here seems to know **bleep** they are talking about. Terrible!

Problem still persists btw. Thanks a lot HP!

HP Recommended

Hi! I was also having the same issue which resulted in my graphics card not being detected but I found a solution that worked for me.

- Press Windows + X 

- Click on Device Management 

- Click on System Devices 

From there I saw that one of my drivers had an error icon next to it. All I did was update the drivers that needed to be updated from there and my second screen came back up. 

HP Recommended

Lettemai, that did my friend. Thank you so much!

And to you, HP tech support, thanks for nothing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.