Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Omen button does not work at all,it will only launch when i oped the HP system event utility.Otherwise i can open the app from the task bar,but still it is inexplicable why the Omen command center will open from the Omen button only when HP system event utility has been opened.I have downloaded all the available updates from the HP download site and i have checked windows for updates.Everything is up to date but the problem persists.Also none of the solutions listed in the support community worked out for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Draftvader

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.'

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

i have the same problem not only that but my cpu is locked 3.8 all the time ☹️

HP Recommended

@Draftvader & @snaketto Did you make any software or hardware changes your PC?

You can uninstall the HP omen control center from control panel, programs. you can try updating the HP command center.

Link to update the omen command center.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, update the HP system event utility and check if it helps.

Link to update the HP system event utility.

If the issue still persists try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well i unistalled the omen command center and reinstalled it and nothing.I used the update for both the omen command center and HP system event utility and still nothing.My BIOS is at F.18 which is the newest update so i didn't bother to reinstall it again. Still the omen button will not launch the app utill i open first the HP system event utility which is very bizzare.

HP Recommended

P.S. i could not find the app on the control panel-programms so i unistalled it by the windows search bar.

HP Recommended

@Draftvader

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.'

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.