Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 17cb003
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to find an external keyboard to use with my 17cb003 omen laptop as I have it connected to an external widescreen monitor and use it like a desktop while home.  I want to find an external, full size keyboard with the same design as the omen laptop.  The external ones I have tried so far are loud and don't have the same quality feel as the laptop.  They haven't been cheap ones either, but I can't seem to find something comparable to the omen laptop, even on HP's site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jct3531 

You left out some of the model number so we cant look up what you have exactly.

Tell me the product number so I can look it up.
Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows
Or
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
The 7 digit Product Number will be listed in both those places.

As far as feel, Im guessing you've been looking at mechanical keyboards, correct?

To get close to the feel of the laptop keys, you would have to go with a membrane keyboard. They are cheaper and a lot more quiet than mechanical. There are gaming keyboards that are membrane and work quite well.

But you also should specify what your bugdet qualifies for. You would be looking typically around $50 USA for a good gaming membrane keyboard.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jct3531 

You left out some of the model number so we cant look up what you have exactly.

Tell me the product number so I can look it up.
Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows
Or
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
The 7 digit Product Number will be listed in both those places.

As far as feel, Im guessing you've been looking at mechanical keyboards, correct?

To get close to the feel of the laptop keys, you would have to go with a membrane keyboard. They are cheaper and a lot more quiet than mechanical. There are gaming keyboards that are membrane and work quite well.

But you also should specify what your bugdet qualifies for. You would be looking typically around $50 USA for a good gaming membrane keyboard.

HP Recommended

Thanks,  Membrane keyboard is the terminology I was looking for.  I also learned that "chiclet" is also relavent.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.