Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-inch laptop (i7-6700HQ) Product no. W2N48UA#ABA

Purchased a Run Mus K2 headset (with mic) for my daughter.  The laptop is not recognizing the headset mic. When plugging into the 3.5mm jack there is sound through the headset, but then also kills the latop's built in mic so there is no way to use the headset for audio output and the laptop mic for audio input (not what we want, anyway - we want to use the headset for both input and output).  The machine has B&O/Realtek control/feature software. I tried selecting multi-stream from the B&O control and then selecting the "mic in at front panel "black"" selection, but still no luck. Any ideas?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GregoryRG 

Your machine is an OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 17-w053dx (ENERGY STAR), its specs

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-w000-laptop-pc/10862328/model/12709859/document/c...

It has standard  1 headphone/microphone combo port (3.5mm).  Does your Run Mus K2 headset have standard rings ? Does it work on other devices ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply! Yes, the headset works on an older iPad with the 3.5mm jack as well as an iPhone XR with 3.5mm adapter.  I am using the 3.5mm combo jack (upper left-hand side of the machine)  I think it may be the Bang & Olufsen/RealTek software/driver.  As far the plug rings, there are three bands. I have seen some with two bands.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.