Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-04-2021 07:41 AM
My HP Omen laptop suddenly shut down while I was using it. It was plugged in and running normaly. The battery went low so I checked the cord was still plugged in and continued what i was doing. Soon it shutoff because of low batt even while it was still plugged in. I pulled the battery out and unplugged it from the wall and let it out overnight to allow the capacitors to fully discharge. The next day i replaced the battery and tried to turn it on. Nothing happened, no fan, no beeps, no lights. I plugged it in and did the same. Nothing again. I tried hitting windows button and b and power in proper sequence with no results. Same with the v button. I do note that the battery light only flashes orange once when i initally plug it in and then never again does it flash or stay on. If i hit the power button the battery light will flash once white each time i hit it but nothing else happens. If i keep power button pressed it slowly flashes orange. If i unplug the battery and plug the power chord, it still flashes white once when i press power, but no orange flash when i keep it pressed.
Anyone who can help. Urgent affair, life suspended here...
09-07-2021 07:39 PM
Hi@Padrino75, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
We reviewed your post and I understand that the Notebook is not Powering ON,
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps
Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
F6 + Power Button
- CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec
If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:
- Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
- Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
- Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger, and check if that helps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community