Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

The programmable keys on the keyboard (ex. P1, P2, P3) are no longer working correctly (they used to work fine). I have not done any updates recently to cause a problem.

Now each key enacts the command on its right (eg P2 is `, P4 is caps lock). Would appreciate any help with this issue.
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi@PJH5, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The below link contains a self-help document for the Keyboard setting for the OMEN  keyboard.

Link:-https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04492013

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen.

I have two problems now:

1. The link in your post doesn't work.

2. Trying to fix the problem myself, I tried to reinstall the HP command center. I uninstalled it successfully, but can't reinstall it. The link to SP71716.exe on the hp site doesn't work: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04778446 

Phil

HP Recommended

Hi@PJH5,

To resolve these issues, perform the following procedures to troubleshoot the issues listed in the Description:

Procedure 1: Ensure the OMEN Command Center and OS are at the latest versions.

Step 1: Upgrade the OMEN Command Center and OS to the latest version.

1. Click the Search icon.
  2. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  3. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  4. Select Downloads and updates.
  5. Click Get updates. If there are OMEN Command Center or HP System Event Utility updates available, proceed and update them to the latest versions.

Step 2: Perform Windows Updates.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click the Settings icon.
  3. Select Windows Updates.
  4. Select Check for updates.
  5. Download and install all updates (a restart may be required).

Step 3. Check for driver and BIOS updates for your computer through the HP Support Assistant app, or from HP Customer Support - Products.

Procedure 2: Uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

NOTE: 

If the issue is not resolved by updating the OMEN Command Center and OS, perform the steps to uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

1. Click Start.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Locate the OMEN Command Center, and click Uninstall. Allow the uninstall process to complete (a restart may be required).
  5. Click the Search icon.
  6. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  7. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  8. Locate the OMEN Command Center.
  9. Select Get to re-install the OMEN Command Center.

let me know how that pans out,

HP Recommended

Hi

I get stuck towards the end of your list.

Procedure 2: Uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

NOTE: 

If the issue is not resolved by updating the OMEN Command Center and OS, perform the steps to uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

1. Click Start.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Locate the OMEN Command Center, and click Uninstall. Allow the uninstall process to complete (a restart may be required).AS I UNREADY UNINSTA;LED THIS, I CAN'T DO THIS STEP. BUT I ASSUME THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM.
  5. Click the Search icon.I CAN'T SEE A SEARCH ICON SO GET STUCK HERE. THERE'S A "FIND A SETTING" SEARCH, WHICH FAILS TO FIND THE COMMAND CENTER. THERE'S A "SEARCH THIS LIST" WHICH FAILS TO FIND THE COMMAND CENTER.
  6. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  7. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  8. Locate the OMEN Command Center.
  9. Select Get to re-install the OMEN Command Center.
HP Recommended

@PJH5,

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix :-

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen

I have successfully installed the Gaming Hub. When I launch it I get the message:

"Your OMEN PC is not supported in this version of OMEN Gaming Hub. The functionality available will be limited to OMEN accessories."

This sounds OK as I only want to  use the P1-P6 keys. But the Gaming Hub doesn't seem to let me edit them. The Gaming Hub Homescreen has menu items My Games and Gallery, nothing else.

BTW my OMEN is the 15-5000na model.

Thanks

Phil

HP Recommended

That's great @PJH5. Happy to hear that.  

Yes, some models in omen gaming work. 

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

Please mark the public post as ACCEPTED SOLUTION as this will help other community members to find a solution.  

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen

Sorry I wasn't clear. I still cannot edit the keys P1-P6, my problem isn't resolved.

Phil

HP Recommended

@PJH5,

You can configure the macro keys (P1-P6) on the OMEN computer to initiate a series of recorded key presses using a single keystroke.

I'd like to help.

Let's create a Macro for HOME using the HP OMEN Command Center

1. Select the key set to choose which key press or combination of key presses initiates the macro.

Figure : Creating a macro

2. Creating a macro
    1. Select the key set

2. Select the key

3. Choose a key for the new macro, then click Create new.

The Create Macro screen opens.

Figure : Creating a macro

Creating a macro
  4. Name the macro ( Ex: Home ).

5. Select a delay option.

• Recorded delay: The time between keypresses is recorded and applied when the macro is initiated.

• Fixed delay: Assign a uniform delay between each keypress in the macro.

• No delay: All keys in the macro are activated at the same time.

6. Click Record to begin programming the macro.

7. Press each key in the desired macro sequence ( The Regular Key combination to make use of the Home ).

8. Click Stop to finish the macro.

9. Edit any keypresses or delays that require change.

Figure : Editing a macro

Editing a macro
  10. Click Save to finalize the macro.

Next, Determine which macro key will initiate a macro.

1. Select the key set to choose which key press or combination of key presses initiates the macro.

Figure : Assigning a macro

2. Assigning  a macro

1. Select the key set

2. Select the key

3. Click the menu next to the desired key.

4. Choose the desired macro from the list.

You can refer to this Link

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.