Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen 15 ek0018tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had purchased a new HP OMEN 15 ek0018tx laptop a day back and I'm really disappointed to not find the flexibility promised in performance mode. In OMEN command center the performance control menu does not offer me options to choose from .I'm given only Balanced as an option .The other two options - Performance and Comfort are missing. 

Sat23_0-1602781437170.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sat23 

Not all machines have this option. Please read the following document

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05387497

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I looked up the document and my device has the option to switch between different performance modes.

I have also tried deleting OMEN command center ,installing the latest drivers , updating windows and downloading OMEN command center back again. Still didn't get positive results. Please tell me something other than these to solve my problem.

HP Recommended

GTX/150W Omen doesnt have Performance Mode.... HP should info about this to costumer... it's sound dissapointing for user with GTX/150W configuration....

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
HP Recommended

This is cheating! I got the ek1500tx last week and I was surprised to see the overclocking and performance modes were not available on this. We chose HP over the Acer predator Helios and triton's Metal body and better screen and the Asus' ROG and this is how HP tricks us. The fact that the performance mode would not be available for 150W variant should have been clearly specified! This is a gaming laptop that doesn't let you switch to a gaming mode! Joke! And what does the omen command center do? Let us change the RGB ,that's all! Selling this laptop off the first chance I get. Never been so frustrated or felt cheated like this before by such a company 

HP Recommended

overclocking is not available too on the new 2020 OMEN... and i think based on GTX 1650 power around 50W ,  it's not neccesary to have Performance Mode option... Because the GTX already at max power with OMEN 2020....

Slightly different with RTX 2060 variant... on Default Mode / Balanced Mode, RTX is working around 80W and on Performance Mode it's ramped up to 100W... So i think HP already tried to do the best for each of their laptop configuration...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.