Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1050nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i first bought this laptop it was running any videogame quite well without any frame drops but then after a few months it started getting worse until now where gaming is impossible

ive investigated a bit and found out that my pc overheats alot even when just going through my browser going from 75 degrees celsius rapidly to 95 and back to 75 repeatedly and when gaming i get a lot of lag spikes and bad performance in general with the lowest graphics

when i check on task manager and playing a game most of the cpu and memory isnt even being used yet.

ive tried this on different games to check if it was only one but it wasnt

ive tried to remove the dust that was inside the fans but it only got a bit better but kept getting worse

ive even done a full system reset but that did nothing to improve my performances and frame drops

i dont understand why my laptop started slowly getting like this, how can i fix this? ive only had it for less than a year

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@EtheralShade,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating Display FPS is low,

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Check for the BIOS is up to date?

Check for the Windows update?

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Bios and nvidia graphic drivers are already updated aswell as the fact that there are no updated to be found currently on windows update

High performance mode is enabled and game mode is aswell

Overclocking is not available on my system

Runinng intel extreme tuning utility tool i can see that temperatures are spiking when no program is being used or even just a browser, even in safe mode

Going from nearly 100° celsius rapidly to 75° back again to 100° repeatedly with just a browser open doesnt seem normal and it didnt happen when i first bought my computer and temperatures higher than 85 degrees celsius were never reached, going at such temperatures causes the system to be limited as to not go even higher which in my opinion causes the high lag but it also might have to do with something else which i dont know, please help me fix this

HP Recommended

Hi@EtheralShade,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

So you are saying i should give my laptop for a bit to hp support to repair it? Do you think they will give me a temporary laptop to use? I need this laptop not only for gaming but for school too

HP Recommended

Hi@EtheralShade,

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you contact HPin your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.