Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I have a pavilion gaming laptop and it works well; however, when I play games, the system freezes after a while, and I have to press the power button to turn it off as nothing responds. I went online to diagnose the issue and its most likely an overheating issue, I was planning to reset windows and clean the system but I came across a post that mentioned the Hp coolsense app. I opened the app, and I realized it was off then I turned it on but if I close the app and reopen it, it will be set back to off.

I still plan to reset the laptop so I can get it to work normally again but I noticed all these weird behaviors(with hp apps and services) since February 2024 when I noticed a new service called One agent installed on my PC, the hp support assistance don't work well too. Please does anyone know how to fix this? I will really appreciate the help!Screenshot 2024-05-11 090637.pngScreenshot 2024-05-11 090908.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Daniel066,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering multiple issues with your HP Pavilion gaming laptop, including overheating during gaming sessions, instability with the HP CoolSense app. Here are some steps you can take to address these issues.

Overheating during gaming sessions:

• Ensure that your laptop is placed on a flat surface with proper ventilation to allow air to circulate freely.
  • Use compressed air to clean the laptop's vents and fans to remove any dust or debris that may be obstructing airflow.
  • Consider investing in a laptop cooling pad to help dissipate heat more effectively during gaming sessions.
  • Check if there are any background processes or applications consuming excessive CPU or GPU resources while gaming, as this could contribute to overheating. You can use Task Manager to monitor resource usage and close unnecessary processes.

HP CoolSense app not retaining settings:

• Try reinstalling the HP CoolSense app to see if that resolves the issue. You can uninstall it through the Control Panel or Settings app, and then download and install the latest version from the HP website or Microsoft Store.
  • If reinstalling the app doesn't work, you can try resetting it to its default settings. There might be an option within the app to reset settings, or you can try clearing its cache and data through the Windows settings.

If you still encounter issues after trying these steps, it may be worthwhile to proceed with your plan to reset Windows and clean the system. This can help to resolve any software-related issues that may be contributing to the problems you're experiencing. Remember to back up any important files before performing a system reset.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Daniel066,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering multiple issues with your HP Pavilion gaming laptop, including overheating during gaming sessions, instability with the HP CoolSense app. Here are some steps you can take to address these issues.

Overheating during gaming sessions:

• Ensure that your laptop is placed on a flat surface with proper ventilation to allow air to circulate freely.
  • Use compressed air to clean the laptop's vents and fans to remove any dust or debris that may be obstructing airflow.
  • Consider investing in a laptop cooling pad to help dissipate heat more effectively during gaming sessions.
  • Check if there are any background processes or applications consuming excessive CPU or GPU resources while gaming, as this could contribute to overheating. You can use Task Manager to monitor resource usage and close unnecessary processes.

HP CoolSense app not retaining settings:

• Try reinstalling the HP CoolSense app to see if that resolves the issue. You can uninstall it through the Control Panel or Settings app, and then download and install the latest version from the HP website or Microsoft Store.
  • If reinstalling the app doesn't work, you can try resetting it to its default settings. There might be an option within the app to reset settings, or you can try clearing its cache and data through the Windows settings.

If you still encounter issues after trying these steps, it may be worthwhile to proceed with your plan to reset Windows and clean the system. This can help to resolve any software-related issues that may be contributing to the problems you're experiencing. Remember to back up any important files before performing a system reset.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.