Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name : OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx

Software build ID : 18WW25MT601#SBCM#DBCM

Serial number :(edited) 

Service ID : [edit]

BIOS : F.08-02/21/2019

Processor name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz

RAM : 8 GB

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB

Hello guys, 

I have problem with overheating while gaming. When I play Witcher 3 or similar games I hit up 99 °C CPU and I think that it's not normal for one week old laptop. Games running on 60 fps (I use minimum settings) without lags but, I think that may damage  laptop over long term. The GPU temperature is 70-87 ° C. 

When I don't play games, temperatures are CPU 40 - 55° C and GPU 30 - 40° C.  

Do you think that problem can be ambient temperature because now here is 35 ° C out and in room 23 - 28° C ? (summer)  I use cooling pad too.

Laptop is really cool, but these temperatures worry me...

Thank you so much for every help. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@t_omas Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I must let you know that it's normal for a gaming PC to heat up and with an Intel CPU such as the one you have,

there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

That said if you wish to lower the heat or deal with any performance issues that you may have experienced, use the below steps:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@t_omas Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I must let you know that it's normal for a gaming PC to heat up and with an Intel CPU such as the one you have,

there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

That said if you wish to lower the heat or deal with any performance issues that you may have experienced, use the below steps:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

im sorry to disagree  if your temp is always +90 degrees celcius on a laptop it will wear out the cpu and even the threshold is 100  its very bad for the cpu to have those temps.. ideal is 75 to 85 max 

Easiest solution is to undervolt the cpu with throtllestop or xtu 

( undervolting doesn´t  damage the cpu  and you can get  10 degrees less by doing it.

you can also complement with a nice cooling pad when pc is stationary also use omen command center and switch to comfort  mode.

I too have a omen 15 dc0032np with same cpu

HP Recommended

Now it's good, temperature CPU is around 72 - 82°C. 

Thank so so much and I wish you a good week. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same model and as I try to use XTU on the machine it crashes. doesnt work, what can i use as an alternative for undervolting but without having to even set up the undervolt app after each restart or start up of the latop?

HP Recommended

@edelweiss9
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Are you trying to download Intel utility drivers?
  • What is the exact issue with power?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.