Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everyone!

I got the laptop OMEN by HP Laptop 17-ck0xxx. I don't use P1-P6 in games as movements, so I thought to make the keyboard more comfortable for a common user. For example, I thought to make P1 for making the level of sound higher and P2 for making it lower while playing games or watching videos. But when I started to make this idea real, I saw, the level of sound didn't become higher or lower, and I even got some mistakes. So I would like to ask you, does it work during not playing? And how have I make it work? 

p.s. I don't really like the keyboard of the laptop. It is not comfortable: tight and small compared even with my last 15'6 laptop from another manufacturer.  I didn't notice this when I bought it. (Cry from the heart T_T) Tell me it is awesome. Apart from the keyboard (backlight, by the way, is amazing), the laptop is pretty cool

p.p.s. I hope, you understood the question.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ahabr

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Click the Windows key and type Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.

3. Tap or click the language you want to add a keyboard to, and then tap or click Options.

4. Tap or click Add a keyboard, browse the input method list for the one you want to use, and then tap or click it.

Note: it is not possible to re-configure the function keys.

And, also refer to the YouTube video: Program Macro Keys on OMEN Keyboards and Laptops

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, the HP Support Agent. Thank you for the reply!

I don't quite understand: I can program the buttons only for games or for common using? I want easier to change the level of sound, for example. Can I do this by the buttons? (I watched the video and did all order like there) Will this work while watching movies or just in games (and not such operation as changing volume)?

HP Recommended

@ahabr

Thank you for posting back.

The easiest way to control audio is via f3 or f4 keys. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction, then you can contact our HP Support team. I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.