Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 17-cd0208ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have had my new gaming laptop for a day and then the disappointment, the GTX graphics card is not recognized. I checked the device manager and now there was a yellow exclamation mark on PCIe Controller x16. what I tried: Windows reset Bios factory setting Uninstalled the driver and restarted the laptop and the problem persists Downloaded DDU and uninstalled all the display drivers again in safe mode but didn't do anything either. I hope someone can help me, I'm already so desperate.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I'm not an expert. I had a similar issue to what you describe, and I fixed it by right clicking on the PCIe Controller in the Device Manager and selecting "Uninstall" (I did not click the checkmark box on the pop-up). Then I restarted the laptop and the PCIe Controller reinstalled itself and began recognizing the graphics card.

That's my only suggestion. Like I said, I'm not an expert, this just happens to be how I fixed the issue on my own laptop.

HP Recommended

hi thanks for your answer I've already tried this but unfortunately didn't help

HP Recommended

HEllo

could you post a picture where we can see the PCIe controller with exclamation mark and write even the hardware id of it ?

for Hardware ID I mean something like VEN_8086&DEV_xxxx&xxxx.

it's in Device Manager ->

Properties of your PCIe Controller (look this example)

device_manager_properties.jpg

Details TAB , then check in the selectable parameter

device_manager_hardware_ID.jpg

device_manager_VEN.jpg

bye

HP Recommended

15921281376961363841812125299506.jpg

15921281517616022464815759501195.jpg

15921281830275569827610978891363.jpg

HP Recommended

15921284093682886432487303752986.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello

unfortunately I don't see you images

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hey thx for your answer.

I get a new error message "the driver is not supported on this os version (10.0.19041)"

HP Recommended

My Windows Edition: Win 10 Pro

Windows Version: 2004

Systembuild: 19041.329

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.