Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-04-2021 05:25 AM
The computer won't turn on at all! I've gone through the HP digital assistant and done everything it asked me to do, even checked plug amp for the adapter and still nothing. The laptop was closed in the computer bag (not shut down) and I think at the time it was packed the battery was on 100% as it had been plugged in all day. Has anyone had any issues with the computer battery dying within 18 months of purchase (bought April 2020, arrived May 2020 and was up and running in June 2020, so actually only been 14 months in operation)?
The adapter did get very hot the other day. Could that the problem?
Any advice gladly received.
And as a post note to any HP execs out there - very frustrating there are no HP centres in UK to take it to, Beginning to wish I'd bought Apple!
09-07-2021 07:55 PM
Hi@WestLodge, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
We reviewed your post and I understand that the Notebook is not Powering ON,
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps
Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
F6 + Power Button
- CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec
If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:
- Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
- Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
- Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger, and check if that helps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community