Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen w202no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

You see my pc has started to run really bad in GTA 5 for some reason and when I look I see that my GPU is at like 3% when I'm playing and I've asked Nvidia support and intel support and they couldn't help me but one in the intel support saw that my ram isn't running at the speed it should and they told me to enable some settings in the bios *first, "load optimized defaults" activate this, save and restart, then go to bios again, and look if there is an XMP option, if yes, turn it to "profile 1", save and reboot* But when I go to bios there aren't any Advanced settings and I can't find how to enable advanced settings. I've tried reinstalling my bios and updating it and recover it and it's still hidden. I really need help with this because it's not so fun to play this game anymore with my friends since they have much older specs than me but run the game with 30 fps more.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello,

When you go in BIOS setting, is it at the system boot, by pressing f10 several times ?

If it is the case, do you see CPU Power Settings in the tab "system configuration" ?

20200528_172627.jpgIs it set to Default ?

HP Recommended

No that's not even available for some reason. I only got Main. Security, System Configuration but I want the advanced settings that should to be there as well but yeah its not there and the CPU power setting isn't on the system configuration as well...

HP Recommended

Is your BIOS up to date ? check in HP Support Assistant if you have updates to perform 

HP Recommended

After I reinstalled my operating system I don't got the hp programs on my PC but I downloaded the newest bios driver from Google so yeah it's updated 

HP Recommended

open System information in windows search bar.

Look For Bios version : is it F.54 ? 

If it isn't the case 

HP Recommended

I'm not able to see that rn but I installed the latest bios from the hp website from my device so it SHOULD be the latest bios

HP Recommended

Ok then maybe another driver isn't up to date.

You can download hp support assistant here

HP Recommended

Or try performing diagnostics in HP support assistant (I know you did it by pressing f2)

HP Recommended

I tried every diagnostics and it found nothing wrong but yeah how do I disable my function keys because i can't do it in bios because i don't have the advanced tab and its really annoying because in games and stuff when i click f12 for example it gets on airplane mode

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.