Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 17.3 7WY24PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Planning to buy hp omen 7WY24PA, does it have a g sync panel, some sites say it does while others do not mention, if you see this can you please reply. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Jimmy1011 

Its been a thorn in my side about the non complete info HP puts in its spec sheets.

YES it has a G-sync enabled panel.

I have a friend who also just purchased a CB0061tx series Omen in Australia as well. That series with the 144Hz panel, all use that same panel. So as long as your graphics card is powerful enough to handle it, it will show up in the NVIDIA Control Panel...  (I believe RTX 2060 and above for the Omen).

omen cb0000 wide shot gysync panel sm..jpg

omen cb0000 gsync.jpg

Is this what you needed to know? Let me know how I can help further.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Jimmy1011 

Its been a thorn in my side about the non complete info HP puts in its spec sheets.

I have a friend who also just purchased a CB0061tx series Omen in Australia as well. That series with the 144Hz panel, all use that same panel. So as long as your graphics card is powerful enough to handle it, it will show up in the NVIDIA Control Panel...  (I believe RTX 2060 and above for the Omen).

omen cb0000 wide shot gysync panel sm..jpg

omen cb0000 gsync.jpg

Is this what you needed to know? Let me know how I can help further.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response and the pictures to prove this. I could not fully confirm this as some websites say g sync and others don’t mention it. Hp need to work on providing more information to customers and laptop owners about g sync information for their laptops.

Thankyou again.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome. 🙂

HP Recommended

New Question, i know those laptops dont use optimus which is great, so how are the graphics controlled without optimus. I am assuming there are no Intel uhd graphics.

HP Recommended

Correct, there is no option for switchable graphics as the integrated Intel CPU graphics is disabled.

The RTX 2070 will be used all the time.

Any Omen that has a mid to high level card is this way.

HP Recommended

Wonderful, the display and graphics is controlled by the higher end card, e.g nvidia controls colours and all of the graphics settings😀, this should fix any Optimus switching bugs,

You have answered all my questions for today and I heavily, heavily thank you for this.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 wrote:

Hello @Jimmy1011 

This is to confirm, my machine with GTX 1070 does have this. My machine also has 144Hz screen. It is 18 months old now and I bought it online from HP Australia to get a bit Corporate discount before my retirement.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

To Banhien,

If the GTX 1070 mobile (not max q) supports g sync with the hp omen 17, the rtx 2070 hp omen 17 should definitely support it then. Also, I am also seeing a pattern here, the 15 inch models don’t support G SYNC while the 17 inch ones, from the gtx lineup and above, do, 

Correct me if I am wrong in saying that?
Kind Regards,

Jimmy1011

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.